Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
APRIL 2007 AGENDA
FESS PARKER’S DOUBLETREE HOTEL
633 EAST CABRILLO BLVD.
SANTA BARBARA, CA 93103
This has been updated at 10 a.m., Friday, April 13, 2007.
FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2007
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
3. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833. [APPROVED]
a. Humboldt County LCP Amendment No. HUM-MAJ-2-06 (Housing Element Resubmittal). Concurrence with Executive Director’s determination that action of Humboldt County accepting Commission’s certification of LCP Amendment No. HUM-MAJ-2-06 is legally adequate. (TST-E) [APPROVED]
4. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES. [APPROVED]
5. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-06-52 (Redwood Coast Land Conservancy, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Martin Kitzel and Commissioners Caldwell & Wan from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Redwood Coast Land Conservancy for Coastal Development Use Permit for development of public access at coastal bluff area known as Hearn Gulch. The project includes the development of foot trails (one along the top of the bluff and another descending down to the beach), an encroachment onto Highway One and a parking area for four vehicles (one handicapped accessible space), correction of vehicle-caused erosion and installation of identification and informational signage, at 29720 - 29800 South Highway One, south of Point Arena, Mendocino County. (TST-E) [SUBSTANTIAL ISSUE FOUND, Permit APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS]
6. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-06-49 (Humboldt County Department of Public Works) Application of Humboldt County Department of Public Works to replace two culverts, footbridge, and channel rehabilitation along approximately 1,000 ft of Rocky Gulch Creek, at 3261 Old Arcata Road, Bayside area, Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS, moved to Consent Calendar]
6.5. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Application No. 1-90-104-A2 (City of Eureka) Application by City of Eureka to amend permit granted for the enhancement of 86 acres of fresh and saltwater marsh and provide public access improvements to : (1) replace collapsing 24-inch CMP culvert connecting Palco Marsh with Humboldt Bay with a 48-inch culvert; (2) modify Del Norte Street drainage structure and tide gates; (3) hand dig and clean Palco Marsh channels; (4) dredge adjoining tidal slough between Palco Marsh and peninsula west of the marsh; (5) install Del Norte and Felt Street landscaping; (6) install interpretive signage; (7) eradicate common reed and other invasive exotic plant species; (8) restore eradication areas by planting native species; and (9) perform hydrologic enhancements to adjoining Railroad Marsh, at Palco Marsh, bounded by Del Norte, Felt and Vigo Streets, the Bayshore Mall and Humboldt Bay, Eureka, Humboldt County. (JB-E) [POSTPONED]
7. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Supervisor on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff and status report on other major non-energy federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF) [APPROVED]
8. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-013-07 (Corps of Engineers, Statewide) Consistency determination by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for issuance, reissuance, and modifications of Nationwide Permits allowing for discharge of dredge and fill material into waters of the United States, Statewide. (LJS-SF) [DENIED]
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be May 9-11 in San Pedro, June 13-15 in Santa Rosa, July 13-15 in San Luis Obispo, August 8-10 in San Francisco, September 5-7 in Eureka, October 10-12 in L.A. or Orange County, November 14-16 in San Diego and December 12-14 in San Francisco.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).