The Coastal Commission’s monthly meeting agenda is now available via the internet.
If you wish to receive electronic notification for Commission meeting agenda, please send your email address to CCCmeetingnotice@coastal.ca.gov
For all other communications, including interest regarding a specific project and a notification request concerning such an item, please contact the appropriate district office to request to be on the mailing list.
NOTE: Please make sure that you set your e-mail anti-spam settings specifically to allow receipt of email from the coastal.ca.gov domain.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. FEDERAL 312 EVALUATION. Pursuant to the federal Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended, a public hearing will be held as part of the federal performance evaluation of the California Coastal Commission. This evaluation, performed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Ocean and Coastal Management (OCRM) will explore the Coastal Commission’s accomplishments and needed improvements, and public concerns relating to the implementation of the California Coastal Management Program (CCMP) for the period of March 2005 through December 2008. This is an opportunity for the public to provide comments to OCRM. Written comments may be submitted. For further information, see the full public meeting notification.
3.5. CLIMATE CHANGE/GLOBAL WARMING. Briefing and discussion on Coastal Commission’s work on climate change and global warming issues. (CCTF/SH-SF)
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
Motion and Vote
6. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-HUM-08-45 (Zee, Humboldt Co.)
Motion and Vote
Appeal by Daniel Edrich from decision of County of Humboldt granting to Roland & Roxanna Zee a 2 year extension for a permit originally approved on July 6, 2006 and modified on March 1, 2007 for 1,085 sq.ft., single-family home with 504 sq.ft. of decking, approximately 320 feet of fencing, and approximately 291 sq.ft. circular observation deck, at 425 Orange Drive, Manila, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
b. Appeal No. A-1-TRN-08-46 (Marshall, Trinidad)
Appeal by Michael Reinman from decision of City of Trinidad granting permit with conditions to Jim Marshall for Design Review and permit for construction of new 2,454 sq.ft., 3-bedroom, 1-story, single-family residence on a vacant 12,815 sq.ft. property, at corner of Edwards and Hector Streets, Trinidad, Humboldt County. (RSM-E)
c. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-08-48 (Plenty, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by James & Judy Carter Revocable Trust of 1996 from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Don & Jan Plenty for placement of 230 ft. property line fence on blufftop lot. The fence is a six ft. high redwood fence. The fence is placed along an old railroad easement that has multiple existing fences along it, at 39010 Ocean Drive, Gualala, Mendocino County. (RSM-E) [POSTPONED]
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-07-41 (Humboldt County Dept. of Public Works) Application of Humboldt County Department of Public Works to remove accumulated sediment from Jacoby Creek stream channel, within right-of-way of Jacoby Creek Bridge, including approximately 300 cu.yds. initially and additional sediment on as needed basis in the future, at Jacoby Creek Bridge on Old Arcata Road, approximately 400 feet North of Graham Road in Bayside area of Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
b. Application No. 1-08-34 (Dusty & Linda Dillion Trust, Mendocino Co.) Application of Dusty & Linda Dillion Trust to rehabilitate existing 23 space recreational-fishing RV Park by installing new service hook-up pedestals for each space, replacing existing water, electrical and sewage lines as necessary; replacing existing PG&E underground electrical service box, and landscaping, at 32094 North Harbor Drive, Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (RSM-E)
8. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. A-1-FTB-05-53-A6 (Georgia-Pacific Corp., Fort Bragg)
Request by Georgia-Pacific Corp. to modify permit granted for removal of former mill buildings foundations and interim remediation of contaminated soil to (1) authorize excavation of dioxin-impacted soil from areas of operable Unit A-South; (2) authorize construction of consolidation cell with engineered cap for soil management; (3) allow selected earthmoving activities outside non-rainy season, weather permitting; and (4) modify avian survey requirements to allow sting surveys to be conducted closer to actual time of work, at 90 West Redwood Avenue (former Georgia-Pacific California Wood Products Manufacturing Facility), Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (TST-E);
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be January 7-9, 2009, in Oceanside and February 4-6, 2009 in Los Angeles and/or Orange County.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).