Streaming Video Home Page
December 2009 Agenda
San Francisco City Hall
Legislative Chambers, Room 250
1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been posted at 11 a.m., Wednesday, December 2, 2009. Click Here to Start
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2009
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
Motion and Vote
6. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
Motion and Vote
Public hearing and action on extension of time limit to act on request by City of Capitola to amend the LCP to include an Affordable Housing Overlay District to allow increased densities (of up to 20 units per acre) on identified sites that provide a minimum of 50% affordable units. (SC-SC)
7. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-MCO-08-050 (REVX-173 LLC, Monterey Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Blank & Shallenberger of Monterey County decision granting permit with conditions to REVX-173 LLC for construction of 70,000 sq.ft. industrial warehouse and increased intensity of use (including 93,669 sq.ft. warehouse, 81,578 sq.ft. industrial shops and light manufacturing, 105,720 sq.ft. refractory production, 2,770 sq.ft. offices, 2,500 sq.ft. research and development, and 9,450 sq.ft. accessory structures) at former National Refractories site, at 7697 Highway One, Moss Landing, Monterey County. (KM-SC) [POSTPONED]
8. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. A-3-SNC-98-114 (SNG Development Co., Monterey Co.)
Motion and Vote
Application of SNG Development Co. (on remand from court decision) to construct approx. 360,000 sq.ft. mixed-use residential and visitor serving development (Monterey Bay Shores Resort) including 160 hotel rooms, 180 condominium units (92 residential, 46 visitor-serving residential, and 42 visitor-serving units), restaurant, conference center, spa, 3 swimming pools, surface and underground parking for 841 vehicles, public and private access trails, dune/habitat restoration, and related infrastructure (including water, sewer, stormwater systems, and various energy reduction technologies (solar, wind, geothermal, etc.) requiring 695,000 cu.yds. of grading (and 418,000 cu.yds. of sand disposal) in sand dunes seaward of Highway One, Sand City, Monterey County. (MW-SC)
b. Application No. 3-08-019 (Sea Breeze LLC, Santa Cruz Co.) Application of Sea Breeze LLC to modify and expand existing gunite seawall with new footings, anchors, and faux bluff surfacing extending from rock shelf area to blufftop edge, extending along shoreline from Larch Lane seawall to Hook seawall and completely cover bluff above rock shelf seaward of 2-3920 East Cliff Drive (on bluff seaward of East Cliff Drive and adjacent to 38th Avenue Beach), Live Oak Beach Area, Santa Cruz County. (SC-SC)
c. Application No. 3-08-052 (Embarcadero 801 LLC, Morro Bay) Application of Embarcadero 801 LLC to demolish portions of 2 existing buildings and construct single remodeled building for mixed-use development including conference center, restaurant, and commercial retail components, 17 new boat slips, 2 public plazas, and public access decks along Embarcadero adjacent to and over Morro Bay at 801 and 833 Embarcadero Road, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County. (MW-SC)
d. Application No. 3-09-020 (Caltrans, Monterey Co.) Application of California Dept. of Transportation to modify rock slope protection and install ring-net gabion baskets, to protect Highway One and the Highway One Bridge at toe of slope and north end of Limekiln Beach at Limekiln State Park in Big Sur area of Monterey County. (LO-SC)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be January 13-15 in Huntington Beach and February 10-12 in Oceanside.