Streaming Video Home Page
March 2010 Agenda
Santa Cruz County
Board of Supervisors Chambers
701 Ocean Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been updated at 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 10, 2010.
Click Here to Start
FRIDAY, MARCH 12, 2010
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260. [APPROVED]
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863. [APPROVED]
7. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-SLO-07-035 (Stolo, San Luis Obispo Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Kruer and Shallenberger, Kirsten Fiscalini, Landwatch San Luis Obispo County, and Greenspace-The Cambria Land Trust of San Luis Obispo County decision granting permit with conditions to Don and Charlene Stolo to allow phased development of winery, tasting facility, and related development at 3770 Santa Rosa Creek Road (approximately 1.5 miles east of Main Street) in Cambria, San Luis Obispo County. (JB-SC) [POSTPONED per applicant request]
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 3-09-049 (Wheeler, Pacific Grove) Application of Steve and Marna Wheeler for lot line adjustment and modifications to existing 1,223 sq.ft. single family home (including 617 sq. feet addition, 432 sq.ft. deck, driveway reduction, fencing, and native landscape restoration) at 100 Asilomar Avenue in the Asilomar dunes area of Pacific Grove in Monterey County. (MW-SC) [POSTPONED]
10. NOTICE OF IMPENDING DEVELOPMENT.
a. UCSC Notice of Impending Development UCSC NOID 2.
Public hearing and action on Notice of Impending Development by the University of California at Santa Cruz pursuant to the certified Coastal Long Range Development Plan (CLRDP) to implement the first required five-year Younger Lagoon Natural Reserve Beach Access Management Plan, including docent-led tours and monitoring of beach area resources. (SC-SC) [APPROVED]
Motion and Vote
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
11. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240. [APPROVED]
12. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CC-075-09 (North County Transit District, San Diego Co.)
Consistency certification by North County Transit District for construction of 2 miles of second mainline railroad track, including second railroad bridge over Agua Hedionda Lagoon, between Mile Post 229.4 and Mile Post 231.8 in Carlsbad, San Diego County. (LJS-SF) [APPROVED]
Motion and Vote
13. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
[An addendum has been appended to the staff report for item 13a on March 10.]
a. CC-056-09 (City of San Diego, San Diego Co.)
Revised Findings for conditional concurrence with resubmitted Consistency Certification by City of San Diego for secondary treatment waiver (i.e., Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Reissuance, under Section 301(h) of the Clean Water Act, of a modified National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit) for Point Loma Wastewater Treatment Plant Discharges offshore of San Diego, San Diego County. (MPD-SF) [Findings APPROVED]
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are April 14-16, 2010 in Ventura and May 12-14 in Marin.