Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
JANUARY 2011 Agenda
Long Beach – City Council Chambers
333 West Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been updated at 12:30 p.m., Thursday, December 30, 2010
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 10 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
SOUTH COAST DISTRICT (ORANGE COUNTY)
4. CONSENT CALENDAR . See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Motion and Vote
a. Application No. 5-10-254 (Pence, Newport Beach)
Application of Sean Pence to add 526 sq.ft. to 2,454 sq.ft. single family home with attached 484 sq.ft., 2-car garage located on water front parcel (Semeniuk Slough). No grading is proposed, at 3 Canal Circle, Newport Beach, Orange County. (FSY-LB)
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
5. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
SOUTH COAST DISTRICT
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT FOR ORANGE AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Long Beach office at (562) 590-5071.
a. City of Laguna Beach LCP Amendment No. LGB-MAJ-3-08 (Certification Review). Concurrence with the Executive Director’s Determination that the action by the City of Laguna Beach, accepting certification of Parts 1 and 3 of LGB-MAJ-3-08 with modifications is acceptable. Part 1 of the amendment applied land use and zoning regulations to the 8.52 acre site at 1900 Laguna Canyon Road (known as ACT V) bringing that land into the City’s certified LCP; Part 3 changed how building heights are measured and clarified parking garage regulations in certain zones; Part 2 related to the size of structures on beaches and in parks, and was resubmitted for further Commission review as LGB-MAJ-4-10. (KFS/MV-LB)
SOUTH COAST DISTRICT (Orange County)
Motion and Vote
8. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
b. City of Dana Point LCP Amendment No. DPT-MAJ-1-10 (Dana Point Harbor Revitalization IP).
Public hearing and action on request by City of Dana Point to amend the LCP Implementation Plan to implement the recently approved (October 2009) Land Use Plan (LUP) amendment for the Dana Point Harbor Revitalization, replacing, in its entirety, the implementation sections in the Dana Point Specific Plan LCP relevant to the Dana Point Harbor. (FSY-LB)
Public Comment on Item
Return to Staff
Return to Commission
c. City of Laguna Beach Local Coastal Program Major Amendment No. 3-09A (Medical Dispensaries)
. Request by the City of Laguna Beach to amend its certified Local Coastal Program (LCP) to make changes to the Implementation Plan that would define the term “medical marijuana dispensary” and prohibit that use throughout the City. Only the Implementation Plan portion of the City’s certified LCP is affected by the proposed amendment. The amendment would be effective throughout the City of Laguna Beach, Orange County. (MV-LB)
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 5-10-32 (Evensen, Corona Del Mar)
Application of Mr. & Mrs. Christian Evensen to demolish 2.5 level single-family home at top of coastal bluff and demolish detached 1-story, 3-car garage at toe of bluff and construct new 4,715 sq.ft., 4-story single-family home connected via tunnel and elevator to 1,084 sq.ft., 1-story 3-car garage, all of which will span the bluff face. Grading will consist of 1,888 cu.yds of cut/fill/export to location outside of coastal zone, at 3225 Ocean Blvd, Corona Del Mar, Orange County. (FSY-LB)
b. Application No. 5-10-110 (T- Mobile West Corp., Newport Beach) Application of T- Mobile West Corp. to remove concrete light pole and place new replacement steel light pole, mounted wireless antennas, underground vault, vent stacks, and 2 electrical meters within public right-of-way adjacent to Irvine Ave, near intersection of Irvine Ave., and Private Road, , located near Upper Newport Bay Regional Park, Newport Beach, Orange County. (JDA-LB)
Report from Closed Session
General Public Comment
CLOSED SESSION. At a convenient time during the meeting, the Commission (CCC) will have a closed session to discuss items of pending litigation, including:
Malibu Colony Neighbors Alliance v. CCC (Cal. Dept. of Parks & Rec., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Wetlands Defense Fund et al. v. CCC (Cal. Dept. of Parks & Rec. et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
City of Malibu v. CCC (Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Ramirez Canyon Preservation Fund v. CCC (Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Sierra Club v. Cal. Dept of Parks & Rec (County of San Luis Obispo et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Security National Guaranty v. CCC Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
CCC v. Allen Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
CCC v. Witter et al. Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
The Commission is authorized to discuss these matters in a closed session pursuant to Government Code Sections 11126(e)(2)(A) and (2)(C). In addition, the Commission may consider matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(e)(2)(B) or (2)(C). The Commission may also consider personnel matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(a).
10. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
11. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
12. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
13. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
14. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
15. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT including reports and possible Commission action on legislation and water quality.
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission February 9-11, 2011 in San Diego County and March 9-11 in Santa Cruz County..