State of California
FISH AND GAME COMMISSION
(916) 653-4899 (916) 653-4899
March 3, 2010 (Wednesday) 8:30 a.m. (2)
DoubleTree Hotel Ontario Airport
Doubletree Ballroom (1)
222 N. Vineyard Avenue
Click Here to Start
ALL MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
NOTE: Items may be heard in any order pursuant to the determination of the Commission President.
1. PUBLIC FORUM–Any member of the public may address and/or ask questions of the Commission relating to the implementation of its policies or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the Commission. The issue to be discussed should not be related to any item on the current agenda. As a general rule, action cannot be taken on issues not listed on the agenda. At the discretion of the Commission, staff may be requested to follow up on such items. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Commission. Please be prepared to summarize your comments to the time allocated by the President.
PURSUANT TO FISH AND GAME CODE SECTIONS 2075 AND 2075.5, CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON THE PETITION AND THE DEPARTMENT’S ONE YEAR STATUS REPORT/RECOMMENDATION ON THE PETITION TO LIST THE CALIFORNIA TIGER SALAMANDER (Ambystoma californiense) AS A THREATENED SPECIES AND ADOPTION OF COMMISSION FINDINGS.
REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION INTENT TO AMEND SECTION 670.5, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: ADDITION OF CALIFORNIA TIGER SALAMANDER (Ambystoma californiense) TO THE LIST OF ANIMALS OF CALIFORNIA DECLARED TO BE ENDANGERED OR THREATENED. (Note: This Item will only be considered if the Commission makes a finding that listing the California tiger salamander as threatened or endangered is warranted.)
Motion and Vote
CONSIDERATION OF COMMISSION SUPPORT FOR PROPOSED 2010 STATEPARKS INITIATIVE.
Motion and Vote
4. RECEIPT OF LEGISLATIVE REPORTS.
(A) DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME REPORT.
(B) POSSIBLE CONSIDERATION OF COMMISSION POSITIONS ON PROPOSED LEGISLATION.
5. RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
(A) RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME DIRECTOR’S REPORT.
(B) OPTIONS FOR FUTURE DUCK STAMPS AND DUCK STAMP ARTWORK PRINTS.
(C) UPDATE ON ENFORCEMENT.
(D) SCOPING FOR POSSIBLE AMENDMENTS TO ANIMAL CARE AND INSPECTION REGULATIONS.
(E) UPDATE ON PACIFIC FISHERIES MANAGEMENT COUNCIL GROUNDFISH MANAGEMENT.
6. RECEIPT OF COMMISSION INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
(A) UPDATE ON POSSIBLE FISH AND GAME COMMISSION MEETING DATE/LOCATION CHANGES FOR SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, AND DECEMBER 2010.
(B) UPDATE ON CALIFORNIA LEGISLATURE, ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE ON WATER, PARKS AND WILDLIFE, INFORMATIONAL OVERSIGHT HEARING OF FEBRUARY 9, 2010.
7. SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
(A) MARINE RESOURCES COMMITTEE.
(B) AL TAUCHER'S PRESERVING HUNTING AND SPORT FISHING OPPORTUNITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
(C) AQUACULTURE COMMITTEE.
8. RECEIPT OF FEDERAL AGENCIES INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
9. RECEIPT OF LEGAL COUNSEL INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.
10. NEW BUSINESS.
11. ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION.
12. CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON THE DEPARTMENT’S DRAFT FINDINGS REGARDING THE DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS OF NON-NATIVE FROGS AND TURTLES.
RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED AMENDMENTS OF 2010-2012 MAMMAL HUNTING AND TRAPPING REGULATIONS. (Note: Additional public testimony is scheduled for the Commission’s April 8, 2010, meeting. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 21, 2010, at a special teleconference meeting.)
14. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO SECTIONS 671, 671.1, 671.7 AND 703, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: NEW RESTRICTED SPECIES PERMITS AND REQUIREMENTS. (Note: Additional public testimony is scheduled for the April 8, 2010, meeting in Monterey. The adoption hearing is scheduled for the May 5, 2010, meeting in Stockton.)
15. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO SUBSECTION (b)(91.1) OF SECTION 7.50, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: KLAMATH-TRINITY SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS. (Note: Additional public testimony is scheduled for the Commission’s April 8, 2010, meeting. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 21, 2010, at a special teleconference meeting.)
16. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO
SECTION 7.50, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: CENTRAL VALLEY SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS. (Note: Additional public testimony is scheduled for the Commission’s April 8, 2010, meeting. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 21, 2010, at a special teleconference meeting.)
17. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO SECTION 27.80, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: OCEAN SALMON SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS. (Note: Additional public testimony is scheduled for the Commission’s April 8, 2010, meeting. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 21, 2010, at a special teleconference meeting.)
18. RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT UPDATE AND POSSIBLE COMMISSION DIRECTION ON UNRESOLVED ISSUES AND POTENTIAL OPTIONS FOR THE INTEGRATED PREFERRED ALTERNATIVE OF THE MARINE LIFE PROTECTION ACT IN THE SOUTH COAST STUDY REGION.
Public Comment on Item
Return to Commission
Motion and Vote
19. APPROVAL OF PRIVATE LANDS HABITAT ENHANCEMENT AND WILDLIFE AREA LICENSE (2010-2015) AND 2010-2011 MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR SPURLOCK RANCH, GLENN COUNTY.
20. REQUEST FOR A 180-DAY EXTENSION FOR STATE WATER BOTTOM LEASES, M-614-01, PARCEL 1, AND M-614-02, GRASSY BAR OYSTER COMPANY, MORRO BAY, SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY.
21. RECEIPT OF PETITION FROM THE CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY TO LIST THE MOUNTAIN YELLOW-LEGGED FROG (Rana muscosa and Rana sierrae) AS ENDANGERED UNDER THE CALIFORNIA ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT. (Note: The petition was forwarded to the Department on February 4, 2010, for its 90-day review. The Commission will take public testimony and consider the petition at a future meeting.)
22. RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT’S REPORT ON THE PETITION TO LIST THE PACIFIC FISHER (Martes pennanti) AS A THREATENED OR ENDANGERED SPECIES. (Note: Public testimony and possible Fish and Game Commission action is scheduled for April 2010.) OTHER
23. COMMISSION FOLLOW-UP, MEETING REVIEW, AND STAFF DIRECTION.
24. ANNOUNCEMENT OF FUTURE MEETINGS.
2010 FISH AND GAME COMMISSION
April 7 (Wed.)
April 8 (Thurs.)
Best Western Beach Resort Monterey
2600 Sand Dunes Drive
Sacramento (Via Telephone)
May 5 (Wed.)
Stockton Rod and Gun Club
3120 Monte Diablo Avenue
June 23 (Wed.)
June 24 (Thurs.)
Greater Sacramento Area
August 4 (Wed.)
August 5 (Thurs.)
September 1 (Wed.)
September 2 (Thurs.)
Greater Sacramento Area
October 6 (Wed.)
October 7 (Thurs.)
November 3 (Wed.)
November 4 (Thurs.)
Greater Sacramento Area
December 1 (Wed.)
December 2 (Thurs.)
State of California
Resources Agency Building
Auditorium 1416 Ninth Street
EXECUTIVE SESSION (NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC) PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY OF GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(a)(1) AND (e)(1), AND SECTION 309 OF THE FISH AND GAME CODE, THE COMMISSION WILL MEET IN CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION. THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXECUTIVE SESSION IS TO CONSIDER:
A. PENDING LITIGATION TO WHICH THE COMMISSION IS A PARTY.
l. BIG CREEK LUMBER COMPANY AND CENTRAL COAST FOREST ASSOC. vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: COHO LISTING, SOUTH OF SAN FRANCISCO.
Il. LINDY O’LEARY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: R.R.S.A.C. AND R.R.S.S. PERMIT DENIALS.
lll. JAMES BUNN AND JOHN GIBBS vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: SQUID PERMITS.
IV. KERN COUNTY WATER AGENCY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION, DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME, DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES RE: STATE WATER PROJECT AND CALIFORNIA ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT.
V. CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: AMERICAN PIKA.
B. POSSIBLE LITIGATION INVOLVING THE COMMISSION.
C. STAFF PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION.
D. RECEIPT OF HEARING OFFICER RECOMMENDATIONS ON LICENSE AND PERMIT ITEMS.
I. TOM HAFER – DENIAL TO TRANSFER MR. JOE W. LOISEAU’S SOUTHCENTRAL COA ST REGION NEARSHORE FISHERY PERMIT TO MR. TOM HAFER’S SON, MR. LUCAS O. HAFER.
1 These facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service at 1 (800) 735-2929 1 (800) 735-2929 (TT) or 1 (800) 735-2922 1 (800) 735-2922 (Voice) and ask them to contact the California Fish and Game Commission at (916) 653-4899 (916) 653-4899 .
2 The Commission may break for lunch at approximately 12:00 noon.
3 The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. In order for the Commission to adequately consider public comments, the public is requested to submit written comments no later than ten days prior to the meeting. Written comments received fewer than ten days preceding the meeting will be submitted to the Commission at the meeting; however, Commission staff is unable to deliver material received one day before and on the day of the meeting to the Commissioners when the meeting is not in Sacramento. Please send your comments to be received no later than two days before the meeting. If you decide to speak at the Commission meeting, please begin by giving your name and affiliation (if any) and the number of people represented by your organization. Then tell the Commission your concerns. Time allotted for each agenda item depends upon the number of speakers for each item and the length of the agenda. The Commission is interested in your views; don't worry about how to say them. If several people have spoken, try not to be repetitious. If there are several with the same concerns, please try to appoint a spokesperson. The Commission is particularly interested in the specific reasons you are for or against a proposal because the Commission's decision needs to be based on specific reasons.
If you would like to present handouts/written material to the Commission at the meeting, please provide eleven (11) copies.