On December 2, 2014, the Ocean Protection Council will hold its public meeting at the Secretary of State’s Auditorium in Sacramento. The OPC will be acting on items related to the OPC’s Scientific Advisory Team membership, marine protected area management, and grants related to incorporating sea-level rise into Local Coastal Programs. Please note the meeting date has changed from December 3, 2014.
OPC Meeting Agenda Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:00 pm
Secretary of State’s Office – Main Auditorium 1500 11th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair Matt Rodriquez, Secretary for Environmental Protection John Chiang, Chair of the State Lands Commission Fran Pavley, State Senator Toni Atkins, State Assemblymember Geraldine Knatz, Public Member Michael Brown, Public Member
1. Welcome and Council Member Announcements Secretary Laird, Council Chair
3. Report from the Science Advisor Skyli McAfee, Executive Director, California Ocean Science Trust
4. Consideration and possible selection of two new members to the Ocean Protection Council Science Advisory Team Skyli McAfee, Executive Director, California Ocean Science Trust
Motion and Vote
5. Consideration and possible approval of a resolution supporting the “The California Collaborative Approach: Marine Protected Area Partnership Plan” Liz Parissenti, Sea Grant Fellow, OPC and Cyndi Dawson, Marine Protected Areas Policy Advisor, OPC
6. Consideration and possible selection of grants for the second round of the Local Coastal Program Sea-level Rise Grant Program; consideration of an interagency agreement for the California Coastal Commission to provide administration, technical, and policy integration services for said grants. Abe Doherty, Climate Change Policy Advisor, OPC
9. Arrangements for Next Meeting and Adjournment Date and location TBD.
Agenda items may be re-ordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Please fill out a Request to Speak card to provide public comment on non-agenda items or on a specific agenda item. Comment on agenda items will be taken following each item.
Comments may be sent by email to: COPCpublic@resources.ca.gov. Written public comment must be received by 4 pm on November 24 to be included in the materials provided to the council at the meeting. Materials received after that date will be distributed to the council at the beginning of the meeting. Oral and written comments will be accepted at the meeting.