State of California • The Natural Resources Agency
Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION State Park and Recreation Commission
Lisa Ann L. Mangat, Director
COMMISSION MEMBERS Diane Wittenberg, Chair Myrian Solis Coronel, Vice Chair Ernest Chung Anthea Hartig Rue Mapp Tommy Randle Elva Yanez
AGENDA Meeting of the STATE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION September 22, 2017
The L.A. Hotel Downtown 333 S. Figueroa Street Los Angeles, CA 90071
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER and ROLL CALL
AGENDA MANAGEMENT (1)(2)(3a)(3c)
GENERAL PLAN PROCESS UPDATE
GOLDEN BEAR AWARD
CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS FOUNDATION UPDATE
CONSENT ITEMS A. Approval of Commemorative Redwood Groves Resolutions Motion and Vote B. Approval of the Friends of California Citrus Park’s request for Board Member appointment of Connie Librenjak Motion and Vote C. Resubmission of Millerton Lake Marina Request For Proposals Staff Report to change term from 25 years to 30 years Motion and Vote
WORKSHOP: ENCOURAGING ACCESS and URBAN PARK STRATEGIES
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA
CLOSED SESSION(2) during the lunch break to discuss pending and/or potential litigation as permitted by Government Code section 11126 et seq.
· The Reserve Maintenance Corporation v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, et al., Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2017-00934717-CU-WM-CXC
· City of San Clemente v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, et al., Orange County Superior Court Case No. 30-2017-00934703- CU-PT-CXC
· Washoe Meadows Community, et al., v. California State Parks and Recreation Commission, et al., Alameda County Superior Court Case No. RG12-619137
(1) Unless the agenda is revised by majority vote, the Commission will proceed through the agenda in order until the agenda is completed. The Commission may take action following presentation, public comment, and Commission discussion of those matters listed on the agenda. [Gov. Code §§ 11122, 11125 (a) and (b)]. The Commission will take a lunch recess at approximately 12:30 p.m.
(2) CLOSED SESSION may be called to discuss pending and/or potential litigation as permitted by Government Code section 11126 et seq. Conference with legal counsel to confer with and receive advice regarding pending litigation when discussion in open session would prejudice the position of the Commission. [Gov. Code § 11126(e)(1) & (e)(2)(A)]. The Commission may conduct a closed session pursuant to state law. The closed session is not open to the public. Commissioners will adjourn to an adjacent room for the closed session, and at the conclusion of the closed session the Commission will reconvene in open session to provide an account of any reportable events as required.
(3) COMMENT PUBLIC
(a) Agenda items: The Chair will entertain public comment as the Commission takes up agenda items. Comments will be limited to three (3) minutes. Those individuals wishing to comment on agenda items should fill out the pink "Public Comment - Agenda Items" form and submit it to the Commission recording secretary.
(b) Public comment period for all items not on the agenda: Those persons wishing to address the Commission on items not on the agenda during that public comment period should fill out the yellow Public Comment Form for Items Not on the Agenda and submit it to the Commission recording secretary.
(c) Written materials: Members of the public presenting written or graphic materials as part of their public comments to the Commission are requested to provide fourteen (14) copies to the Commission recording secretary. Visual aids: Members of the public presenting visual aids (projected media) as part of their public comments to the Commission are requested to submit the material(s) to the Department of Parks and Recreation five (5) days prior to the scheduled meeting. The Department reserves the right to decline to show photographs that violate personal privacy (photos without a release from the person/people shown in the photograph) or other valid reason in the opinion of the Department and its legal counsel.
(4) CONSENT ITEMS: The Commission may approve consent items all at once without discussion. Any person requesting an opportunity to be heard with regard to consent items must complete a Public Comment - Agenda Items form prior to the announcement of the Consent Items. If such a request is made, the item(s) in question shall be pulled from the consent list for discussion and/or public comment