California Fish and Game Commission and MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
Joint Meeting Draft Agenda: December 11, 2008
(revised November 27, 2008)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Resources Building Auditorium*
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, California 95814
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) and ask them to contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.653.5656.
|Members of the public are invited to view or listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet, and may view an archived version approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the MLPA website at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_sc.asp for more information.
Public participation: The public will be invited to offer comments at the end of agenda items. Speaker cards will be requested and may be found at the entrance to the room.
Meeting materials: Please note that meeting materials will not be provided at the meeting but will be posted on this page as soon as they become available.
Red links indicate pages that require Adobe Reader.
|Click here for an Adobe PDF version of this agenda.
Welcome and Introductions
Richard Rogers, President, California Fish and Game Commission
Don Benninghoven, Chair, MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
Northern Channel Islands
- Presentation of the Five-Year Review of the Channel Islands Scientific Data
- Presentation of the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Master Plan Science Advisory Team Analysis of the Channel Islands
- Potential Commission Action to Provide Guidance to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group on How to Proceed with the Northern Channel Islands
Marine Life Protection Act Implementation
- California Department of Fish and Game Report on Implementation of the MLPA with Regard to Enforcement, Outreach and Education, and Monitoring
Marine Protected Areas Monitoring
- Report from Dr. Cheri Recchia on the California Marine Protected Areas Monitoring Enterprise