Blue Ribbon Task Force, Draft Meeting Agenda: December 9, 2010
View Full Agenda and Briefing Documents
Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 10:00 a.m.
via teleconference and online meeting
Toll-free conference call
Dial-in number: 1 (877) 615-4337
Presentations via GoToMeeting
Make your reservation now at
Public Participation: Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person via the teleconference/webinar or at one of three public participation locations (see below); the public may also view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Video and audio archives of the meeting may be accessed via the Internet approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_n.asp for more information.
Three locations will be open to the public for teleconference and webinar access to participate in the meeting with staff and potentially MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) and MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCRSG) members:
981 H Street
Crescent City, CA 95531
Red Lion Hotel
1929 Fourth Street
Eureka, CA 95501
C.V. Starr Community Center*
300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TTY) or 800.735.2922 (voice), or contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.654.1885.
Public comment: The public will be invited to offer comments on any potential action of the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) prior to the BRTF taking action. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged.
Meeting Materials: Briefing documents will not be provided at the meeting but will be viewable on this page as soon as they are available.
- Review north coast recommendations adopted by the BRTF in October and discuss the intent of Motion 4 from those recommendations
- Review and potentially adopt an additional recommendation for the MLPA North Coast Study Region consistent with options identified at the October 25-26, 2010 BRTF meeting and maintaining the placement of MPAs as developed by the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
Meeting Agenda – Thursday, December 9, 2010
This shortened version of the full agenda contains only main agenda items.
See below to view the full agenda and meeting briefing documents.
Welcome, Review of Agenda, and Brief Introductions
Cindy Gustafson, Chair, MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
Ken Wiseman, Executive Director, California MLPA Initiative
I. North Coast Study Region Recommendations for Submission to the California Fish and Game Commission
- Recommendations Adopted by the BRTF on October 26, 2010
- Potential Additional Recommendation for the North Coast to Address Original Intent of Motion 4 Adopted on October 26, 2010
Potential Action: Adopt an additional recommendation to forward to the California Fish and Game Commission regarding north coast marine protected areas and special closures, consistent with options identified at the October 25-26, 2010 BRTF meeting and maintaining the placement of MPAs as developed by the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
All files require Adobe Reader.
Announcement from BRTF Chair Gustafson of December 9, 2010 BRTF meeting
November 24, 2010