Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group, Draft Meeting Agenda: May 20, 2010
View Full Agenda and Briefing Documents
Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.
Elk Valley Rancheria Community Center*
2332 Howland Hill Road
Crescent City, CA 95531
Public Participation: Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or may view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Video and audio archives of the meeting may be accessed via the Internet approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_n.asp for more information. In addition, the following public access locations will be open to the public to view and participate in the meeting remotely:
|C.V. Starr Community Center*
300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
||Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center*|
921 Waterfront Drive, Room 211
Eureka, CA 95501
Public Comment: The public will be invited to provide general comment on subjects related to the work of the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCRSG) at approximately 10:15 a.m. Speaker cards are requested and may be found at the entrance to the room. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests and can range from one to three minutes per comment; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged. Note that the public comment period is for comments specific to the NCRSG; comments related to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force, science advisory team, or other MLPA Initiative activities should be directed to those bodies, MLPA staff, or submitted as written public comments to MLPAComments@resources.ca.gov.
Meeting materials will not be provided at the meeting but will be posted to this page as soon as they are available.
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) or contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.654.1885.
- Receive updates on the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF), MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT), MLPA North Coast Project, and public outreach and education
- Present and receive feedback on interim ideas for Round 2 draft marine protected area (MPA) proposals
- Present revised Round 2 draft MPA proposals for consideration in Round 2 evaluations
- Review next steps in the Round 2 MPA proposal evaluation process and opportunities for public input
Work Session Schedule – Thursday, May 20, 2010
This shortened version of the full agenda contains only main agenda items.
See below to view the full agenda and meeting briefing documents.
Note: Public comment will be taken at approximately 10:15 a.m. and the NCRSG will recess for lunch and work sessions at approximately 11:45 a.m.
Welcome, Introductions and Review of Agenda
- MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
- MLPA North Coast Project
- MLPA Science Advisory Team
- Response to NCRSG Questions
- Education and Outreach Activities
II. Status of Draft MPA Proposals for Round 2
- Presentation of Status of NCRSG Work Group Efforts
[Work Sessions: Work Groups Discuss Draft MPA Proposals]
(Elk Valley Rancheria Community Center and Hampton Inn & Suites)
III. Presentation of NCRSG Work Group Round 2 Draft MPA Proposals
IV. Next Steps
General Public Comment
Note: The NCRSG work groups will also hold work sessions on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at the Hampton Inn and Suites (100 A Street, Crescent City).
All files require Adobe Reader.
No documents are available at this time.