Streaming Video Home Page
Click to Play
MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team
Draft Meeting Agenda: May 12, 2010
(revised April 30, 2010)
View Full Agenda and Briefing Documents
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
via teleconference and online meeting
Toll-free phone number: 1 (877) 615-4339
Pass code: 7198 387#
Presentations via GoToMeeting. Make your reservation now at
For public onsite teleconference and webinar access:
|C.V. Starr Community Center*
300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA
Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center*
921 Waterfront Drive, Room 211
981 H Street
Crescent City, CA 95531
1416 Ninth Street, Room 1320
Sacramento, CA 95814
California Department of Fish and Game*
4665 Lampson Avenue, Suite C
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
UCSB Marine Science Institute
Marine Science Research Building*
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-6150
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) or contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.653.5656.
Public Participation:Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or may view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Video and audio archives of the meeting may be accessed via the Internet approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_n.asp for more information.
Public parking is available at no charge at the above locations except for the Marine Science Research Building and the Resources Building.
- The Marine Science Research Building is most easily accessed via bus from downtown Santa Barbara or Goleta by taking the UCSB express; directions and bus stop times are available at http://www.sbmtd.gov/Lines/Line_24x.htm. Alternatively, UCSB campus visitor parking passes can be requested by contacting Satie Airame at email@example.com.
- The Resources Building is most easily accessed via the Light Rail Blue and Gold lines (http://www.sacrt.com/systemmap/central.stm). Parking in downtown Sacramento is via a city garage or metered street parking; members of the public can be reimbursed by staff at the building for any parking fees.
Public Comment: The public will be invited to provide general comment on subjects related to the work of the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT) at approximately 12:25 p.m. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests and can range from one to three minutes per comment; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged. Note that the public comment period is for comments specific to the SAT; comments related to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force, MLPA Regional Stakeholder Group, or other MLPA Initiative activities should be directed to those bodies or MLPA staff.
Meeting materials will not be provided at the meeting but will be posted on this page as soon as they are available.
- Receive MLPA Initiative process updates
- Review and potentially adopt draft responses to science questions from the public
- Review and potentially adopt water quality guidance for the north coast study region
- Review and potentially adopt updates to the SAT evaluations of habitat representation and replication and marine birds and mammals
- Review and potentially adopt Science Guidance for Designing MPAs to Inform Adaptive Management
Meeting Agenda - Thursday, February 11, 2010
Note: The SAT will break for lunch at approximately 11:40 a.m. and public comment will be taken immediately after at approximately 12:25 p.m. At the discretion of the co-chairs, agenda items may be heard in any order on the day of the meeting.
Welcome, Introductions and Review of Agenda
I. MLPA Initiative North Coast Process Updates
- North Coast Planning Progress
II. SAT Work Group Updates
- Bioeconomic Modeling
- SAT Tribal Work Group
III. Science Guidance Questions from the Public and External Array Proponents
- Review and Discuss SAT Responses to Science Questions Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve SAT response to science questions received up to March 25, 2010
IV. MPA Design Guidelines and Evaluation Methods for the MLPA North Coast Study Region
- Review and Discuss Updates to the Marine Birds and Mammals Evaluation Methods Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve additions to the marine birds and mammals evaluation methods
- Review and Discuss Updates to the Habitat Representation and Replication Evaluation Methods Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve additions to the habitat representation and replication evaluation methods
- Designing MPAs to Inform Adaptive Management Motion and Vote Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve SAT guidance for designing MPAs to inform adaptive management
- Review and Discuss Water Quality Considerations for MPAs in the MLPA North Coast Study Region Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve the water quality guidance document
- Review New Levels of Protection Motion and Vote
Potential SAT Action: Approve any new or revised LOPs
General Public Comment
Wrap-up and Next Steps
- Other Items
All files require Adobe Reader.
No documents are available at this time.