Link to Staff Report
CITY OF ATASCADERO
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 City Council: 7:00 P.M.
6907 El Camino Real, Atascadero, California
CITY COUNCIL: 7:00 P.M.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Council Member Clay
ROLL CALL: Mayor Luna
Mayor Pro Tem Brennler
Council Member Béraud
Council Member Clay
Council Member O’Malley
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Roll Call
1. Rotary Club of Atascadero – Donation for the Colony Park Community
A. CONSENT CALENDAR: (All items on the consent calendar are considered to be routine and non-controversial by City staff and will be approved by one motion if no member of the Council or public wishes to comment or ask questions. If comment or discussion is desired by anyone, the item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered in the listed sequence with an opportunity for any member of the public to address the Council concerning the item before action is taken.)
Motion and Vote
1. City Council Meeting Minutes – September 25, 2007
„X City Clerk Recommendation: Council approve the City Council Meeting Minutes of September 25, 2007. [City Clerk]
2. Rental Policies & Procedures and Fee Schedule for the Colony Park Community Center
„X Description: Council requested to adopt Resolution establishing these documents.
„X Fiscal Impact: The rental revenue for the Colony Park Community Center is anticipated to be approximately $10,000 annually.
„X Recommendation: Council adopt Draft Resolution establishing Colony Park Community Center facility rental policies and fee schedule. [Community Services]
3. Colony Park Community Center Project Furniture and Equipment Purchase Authorization
„X Fiscal Impact: The total cost of the equipment purchase is $53,669.24 in budgeted Community Center project funds.
„X Recommendation: Council authorize the purchase of furniture and equipment listed on the attached quotation from KI in the amount of $53,669.24. [Community Services]
4. Commercial Grade Dump Truck Purchase
„X Fiscal Impact: $69,657.00 in previously allocated funds from the Vehicle Replacement account.
„X Recommendation: Council authorize the City Manager to purchase a replacement dump truck from Valew Welding and Fabrication for $69,657.00. [Public Works]
5. Resolution Approving the Sewer System Management Plan and Schedule
„X Fiscal Impact: None.
„X Recommendation: Council adopt Draft Resolution to approve the Development Plan and Schedule for the City’s Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP) in compliance with the Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs) for Sanitary Sewer Systems (Water Quality Order No. 2006-0003). [Public Works]
6. 2007 Sidewalk Barrier Removal Project Award (City Bid No. 2007-007)
„X Description: Project consists of the installation of sidewalks and wheelchair ramps.
„X Fiscal Impact: $129,621 of budgeted CDBG Grant Funds.
„X Recommendations: Council:
1. Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract with Brinar Construction for $129,621 to construct the Barrier Removal Project; and
2. Authorize the Public Works Director to file a notice of completion after the project is finished. [Public Works]
B. MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
1. Staff Authorization to Process General Plan Amendment Applications for: Wal-Mart Supercenter PLN 2007-1245 / GPA 2007-0020 (Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.) and The Annex Shopping Center PLN 2007-1246 / GPA 2007-0021 (Rottman Group / EDA)
„X Description: Staff is seeking direction from Council on these applications.
„X Fiscal Impact: Typically, commercial projects have a positive fiscal impact on City revenues. However, at this time, staff is unable to speculate on the significance of this impact. Part of the project’s EIR review will include a fiscal impact analysis. The purpose of the analysis will be to analyze all of the project’s costs and revenues and provide the Council with a complete picture of the project’s fiscal impacts on both the City of Atascadero and the local business community.
„X Recommendations: The Council:
1. Direct staff to process one or both of the project applications by adopting Draft Resolutions A and/or B. This action would include directing staff to return to the City Council for a Specific Plan project boundary approval.
2. Withhold authorization for staff to process one or both of the project applications by adopting draft Resolution C and/or D. Withholding authorization for staff to process the applications does not deny the applications.
3. Refer one or both of the applications back to staff for additional analysis or clarification of specific issues. The Council should provide clear direction on issues that require additional analysis. [Community Development]
Rottman Group Representative
Wall Mart Representatives
Oppose Wall Mart Representative
Return to Council
COMMUNITY FORUM: (This portion of the meeting is reserved for persons wanting to address the Council on any matter not on this agenda and over which the Council has jurisdiction. Speakers are limited to five minutes. Please state your name for the record before making your presentation. The Council may take action to direct the staff to place a matter of business on a future agenda. A maximum of 30 minutes will be allowed for Community Forum, unless changed by the Council.)
COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS AND REPORTS: (On their own initiative, Council Members may make a brief announcement or a brief report on their own activities. Council Members may ask a question for clarification, make a referral to staff or take action to have staff place a matter of business on a future agenda. The Council may `take action on items listed on the Agenda.)
C. COMMITTEE REPORTS: (The following represent standing committees. Informative status reports will be given, as felt necessary):
1. County Mayor’s Round Table
2. Finance Committee
3. S.L.O. County Flood Control & Water Conservation District Water Resources Advisory Committee
4. Nacimiento Water Purveyors’ Contract Technical Advisory Group
5. North County Water Purveyors Group
Mayor Pro Tem Brennler
1. Air Pollution Control District (APCD)
2. Economic Opportunity Commission (EOC)
3. Atascadero Youth Task Force
Council Member Béraud
1. Integrated Waste Management Authority (IWMA)
2. City / Schools Committee
Council Member Clay
1. City / Schools Committee
Council Member O’Malley
1. S.L.O. Council of Governments (SLOCOG)
2. S.L.O. Regional Transit Authority (SLORTA)
3. Finance Committee
4. Economic Vitality Corporation, Board of Directors (EVC)
5. League of California Cities – Council Liaison and CITIPAC Board Member
D. INDIVIDUAL DETERMINATION AND/OR ACTION:
1. City Council
2. City Clerk
3. City Treasurer
4. City Attorney
5. City Manager
Please note: Should anyone challenge any proposed development entitlement listed on this Agenda in court, that person may be limited to raising those issues addressed at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council at or prior to this public hearing. Correspondence submitted at this public hearing will be distributed to the Council and available for review in the City Clerk's office.
I, Victoria Randall, Deputy City Clerk of the City of Atascadero, declare under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing agenda for the October 23, 2007 Regular Session of the Atascadero City Council was posted on October 17, 2007 at the Atascadero City Hall, 6907 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422 and was available for public review in the Customer Service Center at that location.
Signed this 17th day of October, 2007 at Atascadero, California.
Victoria Randall, Deputy City Clerk
City of Atascadero
City of Atascadero WELCOME TO THE ATASCADERO CITY COUNCIL MEETING The City Council meets in regular session on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m., at the City Hall Council Chambers, 6907 El Camino Real, Atascadero. Matters are considered by the Council in the order of the printed Agenda.Copies of the staff reports or other documentation relating to each item of business referred to on the Agenda are on file in the office of the City Clerk and are available for public inspection during City Hall business hours at the Front Counter of City Hall and on our website, www.atascadero.org. An agenda packet is also available for public review at the Atascadero Library, 6850 Morro Road. Contracts, Resolutions and Ordinances will be allocated a number once they are approved by the City Council. The minutes of this meeting will reflect these numbers. All documents submitted by the public during Council meetings that are either read into the record or referred to in their statement will be noted in the minutes and available for review in the City Clerk's office. Council meetings are video taped and audio recorded, and may be reviewed by the public. Copies of meeting recordings are available for a fee. Contact the City Clerk for more information (470-3400). In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a City meeting or other services offered by this City, please contact the City Manager’s Office or the City Clerk’s Office, both at (805) 470-3400. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting or time when services are needed will assist the City staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made to provide accessibility to the meeting or service. TO SPEAK ON AGENDA ITEMS (from Title 2, Chapter 1 of the Atascadero Municipal Code) Members of the audience may speak on any item on the agenda. The Mayor will identify the subject, staff will give their report, and the Council will ask questions of staff. The Mayor will announce when the public comment period is open and will request anyone interested to address the Council regarding the matter being considered to step up to the podium. If you wish to speak for, against or comment in any way:
1. You must approach the podium and be recognized by the Mayor
2. Give your name and address (not required)
3. Make your statement
4. All comments should be made to the Mayor and Council
5. No person shall be permitted to make slanderous, profane or negative personal remarks concerning any other individual, absent or present
6. All comments limited to 5 minutes (unless changed by the Council)
7. No one may speak for a second time until everyone wishing to speak has had an opportunity to do so, and no one may speak more than twice on any item.
If you wish to use a computer presentation to support your comments, you must notify the City Clerk's office at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Digital presentations brought to the meeting on a USB drive or CD is preferred. Access to hook up your laptop to the City's projector can also be provided. You are required to submit to the City Clerk a printed copy of your presentation for the record. Please check in with the City Clerk before the meeting begins to announce your presence and turn in the printed copy. The Mayor will announce when the public comment period is closed, and thereafter, no further public comments will be heard by the Council. TO SPEAK ON SUBJECTS NOT LISTED ON THE AGENDA Under Agenda item, "COMMUNITY FORUM", the Mayor will call for anyone from the audience having business with the Council to:
Please approach the podium and be recognized
Give your name and address (not required)
State the nature of your business
This is the time items not on the Agenda may be brought to the Council’s attention. A maximum of 30 minutes will be allowed for Community Forum (unless changed by the Council).