All items on the consent calendar will be voted on by the Board immediately after the start of the public meeting. Any item may be removed from the consent calendar by a Board member or by someone in the audience who would like to speak on that item. The following item is on the consent calendar:
5. "Atmospheric Measurement and Inverse Modeling to Improve Greenhouse Gas Emission Estimates," Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Proposal No. 2724-272. Proposed Resolution with Attachment
6. "Source Speciation of Central Valley GHG Emissions using In-Situ Measurements of Volatile Organic Compounds," University of California, Berkeley, Proposal No. 2732-272. Proposed Resolution with Attachment
7. "Development of a New Methodology to Characterize Truck Body Types along California Freeways," University of California, Irvine, Proposal No. 2727-272. Proposed Resolution with Attachment
8. "Evaluating Mitigation Options of Nitrous Oxide Emissions in California Cropping Systems," University of California, Davis, Proposal No. 2728-272. Proposed Resolution with Attachment
9. "Assessment of the Emissions and Energy Impacts of Biomass and Biogas Use in California," University of California, Irvine, Proposal No. 2726-272. Proposed Resolution with Attachment
PLEASE NOTE, the following agenda item will be discussed on Thursday, January 26th and, if not completed, will continue at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, January 27, 2012.
Agenda Item #
Public Meeting to Consider the "LEV III" Amendments to the California Greenhouse Gas and Criteria Pollutant Exhaust and Evaporative Emission Standards and Test Procedures, and to the On-Board Diagnostic System Requirements for Passenger Cars, Light-Duty Trucks, and Medium-Duty Vehicles, and to the Evaporative Emission Requirements for Heavy-Duty Vehicles; More InformationStaff Presentation Staff
Staff will present to the Board the Advanced Clean Cars (ACC) program. The ACC program combines the control of smog-causing pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions into a single coordinated package of requirements for model years 2015 through 2025 and assures the development of environmentally superior cars that will continue to deliver the performance, utility, and safety car owners have come to expect. The Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) regulation (as proposed for amendment) will act as the technology forcing piece of the ACC program, pushing manufacturers to produce ZEVs and PHEVs in the 2018 through 2025 model years. In addition, the ACC program also includes amendments to the Clean Fuels Outlet requirements that will assure that ultra-clean fuels such as hydrogen are available to meet vehicle demands brought on by amendments to the ZEV regulation.
CLOSED SESSION – LITIGATION
The Board will hold a closed session, as authorized by Government Code section 11126(e), to confer with, and receive advice from, its legal counsel regarding the following pending or potential litigation:
Pacific Merchant Shipping Association v. Goldstene, U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal. Sacramento), Case No. 2:09-CV-01151-MCE-EFB.
POET, LLC, et al. v. Goldstene, et al., Superior Court of California (Fresno County), Case No. 09CECG04850.
Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, et al. v. Goldstene, U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal. Fresno), Case No. 1:09−CV−02234−LJO−DLB.
National Petrochemical & Refiners Association, et al. v. Goldstene, et al., U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal. Fresno) Case No. 1:10-CV-00163-AWI-GSA.
Association of Irritated Residents, et al. v. California Air Resources Board, Superior Court of California (San Francisco County), Case No. CPF-09-509562.
Association of Irritated Residents, et al. v. U.S. E.P.A., 2011 WL 310357 (C.A.9), (Feb. 2, 2011).
California Dump Truck Owners Association v. California Air Resources Board, U.S. District Court (E.D. Cal. Sacramento) Case No. 2:11-CV-00384-MCE-GGH.
Engine Manufacturers Association v. California Air Resources Board, Sacramento Superior Court, Case No. 34-2010-00082774.
OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE BOARD TO COMMENT ON MATTERS OF INTEREST
Board members may identify matters they would like to have noticed for consideration at future meetings and comment on topics of interest; no formal action on these topics will be taken without further notice.
OPEN SESSION TO PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ON SUBJECT MATTERS WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF THE BOARD
Although no formal Board action may be taken, the Board is allowing an opportunity to interested members of the public to address the Board on items of interest that are within the Board’s jurisdiction, but do not specifically appear on the agenda. Each person will be allowed a maximum of three minutes to ensure that everyone has a chance to speak.
TO SUBMIT WRITTEN COMMENTS ON AN AGENDA ITEM IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING GO TO:
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK OF THE BOARD 1001 I Street, 23rd Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814, (916) 322-5594 ARB Homepage: http://www.arb.ca.gov
To request a special accommodation or language needs for any of the following:
• An interpreter to be available at the hearing. • Have documents available in an alternate format (i.e. Braille, Large print) or another language. • A disability-related reasonable accommodation.
Please contact the Clerk of the Board at (916) 322-5594 or by facsimile at (916) 322-3928 as soon as possible, but no later than 10 business days before the scheduled Board hearing. TTY/TDD/Speech to Speech users may dial 711 for the California Relay Service.
Para solicitar alguna comodidad especial o necesidad de otro idioma para alguna de las siguientes:
• Un intérprete que esté disponible en la audiencia • Tener documentos disponibles en un formato alterno (por decir, sistema Braille, o en impresión grande) u otro idioma. • Una acomodación razonable relacionados con una incapacidad.
Por favor llame a la oficina del Secretario del Consejo de Recursos Atmosféricos al (916) 322-5594 o envíe un fax al (916) 322-3928 no menos de diez (10) días laborales antes del día programado para la audiencia. Para el Servicio Telefónico de California para Personas con Problemas Auditivos, ó de teléfonos TDD pueden marcar al 711.
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED AT MEETINGS OF THE CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD