This has been
updated at 12:15 p.m., Friday, April 15, 2005.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE PERMIT APPLICATION. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Application No. 2-04-17 (Caltrans, Marin Co.) Application of California Dept. of Transportation to remove sediment, debris and vegetation from stormwater drainage culverts along shoreline of Bolinas Lagoon, at State Highway 1 (between Post Miles 12.79 & 17.01), near Stinson Beach, Marin County. (ALW-SF) [APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS]
Additionally, you may look at slides from presentations from this workshop [more to follow]:
4. WORKSHOP on LNG HAZARDS & SAFETY IMPLICATIONS. Commission workshop on hazards, safety implications, and methods of assessing risk of liquefied natural gas (LNG) receiving terminals, regasification facilities, and pipelines. Participants include Sandia National Laboratory, Dr. Thomas Spicer of the University of Arkansas, and the US Coast Guard. This is NOT a public hearing item; there will be no action taken by the Commission on this item. (AJD-SF)
5. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and WATER QUALITY REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. (ALW-SF)
a. Memorandum of Agreement. Consideration and possible approval of Proposed Memorandum of Agreement between the Coastal Commission and Energy Commission regarding role of each Commission in reviewing proposed coastal power plant projects. (TL-SF) [APPROVED]
6. SONGS STATUS. Status report on Southern California Edison’s progress on SONGS mitigation program. (JJL & SMH-SF)
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATION. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Application No. 5-05-20 (Brightwater, Orange Co.) Application of Hearthside Homes & Signal Landmark to divide three lots into 349 single-family lots (105.3 acres) with two parks and three vertical walkways leading to 6-ft-wide public trail in proposed 34-acre habitat restoration & preservation area along west and south project boundaries, and 3-acre Los Patos preserve area on upper bench of Bolsa Chica Mesa and create 11.8-acre residual lot on lower bench, with 1.2 million gallon underground water reservoir, 66-inch storm drain discharging to off-site isolated pocket wetland and 400,000 cu.yds. of grading, at 17201 Bolsa Chica Road, Bolsa Chica, Orange County. (TH-LB) [APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS]
8. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
10. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATION. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 2-03-15 (State Lands Commission, Marin Co.) Application of State Lands Commission to remove wooden pilings & tires and install gate across existing boat launch ramp in Tomales Bay, near Marshall, Marin County. (ALW-SF) [POSTPONED]
11. NEW APPEAL. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-05-17 (Cambria CSD, San Luis Obispo Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Caldwell & Reilly, Environmental Center of San Luis Obispo, Sierra Club Santa Lucia Chapter and Ralph M. Covell from decision of County of San Luis Obispo granting permit with conditions to Cambria Community Services District to remove two 103,000 gallon water tanks, construct two 550,000 gallon water tanks, and move existing electrical control panel with overhead electric service, at 988 Manor Way (Pine Knolls neighborhood), Cambria, San Luis Obispo County. (JB-SC) [SUBSTANTIAL ISSUE FOUND. de novo hearing TO CONTINUE]
12. REVOCATION of Permit No. A-3-03-113 (Los Osos CSD, San Luis Obispo Co.) Public hearing and action on request by Los Osos Technical Task Force and Concerned Citizens of Los Osos to revoke permit granted to Los Osos Community Services District for wastewater treatment system for Los Osos, Baywood Park, and Cuesta-by-the Sea, San Luis Obispo County. (SM-SC) [Revocation DENIED]