California Coastal Commission
has been updated at 1:45
p.m., Friday, February 16, 2007.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
3. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Supervisor on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff, and status report on other major non-energy federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
a. Public Education Grants. Public hearing and action on proposed competitive grant awards from sales of the Whale Tail License Plate. (CP & SBL - SF)
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-06-46 (Lost Coast Trail Rides, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Friends of The Ten Mile / Sierra Club - Mendocino from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Lost Coast Trail Rides to operate a recreational horse stable for public trail rides and tours, install 3,564 sq. ft. barn, repair fencing, establish well, restroom facilities, and parking area, maintain new and existing trails, and develop new fire access road, at 31901 Bruhel Point Road, Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (TST-E)
b. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-003 (Nelson, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Friends of Schooner Gulch from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Robert & Pamela Nelson to construct new 480 sq. ft. garage attached to existing 1,728 sq. ft., single-family residence, legalize the placement of retaining wall used in conjunction with planting bed for screening vegetation, place 44 sq. ft. storage shed on existing deck, and construct retaining wall (<6 feet tall) on eastern side of residence, at 30150 South Highway One, Gualala, Mendocino County. (MBK-E)
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Appeal No. A-1-TRN-06-42 (U.S. Cellular, Humboldt Co.) Appeal by Friends of Trinidad Head from decision of City of Trinidad granting permit with conditions to U.S. Cellular to install two one-ft. wide by six-ft. long by one-ft. wide panel antennae on two existing 20-foot poles and erection of 5-ft. by 20-ft. equipment cabinet, at Trinidad Head, Trinidad, Humboldt County. (JB-E)
8. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. 1-05-39-A (Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District, Humboldt Co.) Request by Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District to modify permit granted for maintenance dredging at Woodley Island Marina with surf zone disposal to increase required dredge volume to reach the design depth and overdredge allowance, at Woodley Island Marina within Humboldt Bay and along the ocean side of the Samoa Peninsula, Humboldt County. (JB-E)
9. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. County of Del Norte LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-2-6 (Hogberg). Public hearing and action on request by County of Del Norte to amend its certified Local Coastal Program to re-designate the land use and zoning designations of a 10-acre area comprising seven parcels ranging in size from one to three acres from rural Residential -- One Dwelling Unit per Two Acres (RR 1/2) to Rural Residential -- One Dwelling Unit per One Acre (RR 1/1/) and from Medium Density Rural Residential-Agriculture - One Unit Per Two Acres Density with Manufactured Housing Combining Zone (RRA-2-MFH) to High Density Rural Residential-Agriculture -- One Unit Per Two Acres Density with Manufactured Housing Combining Zone (RRA-1-MFH), respectively, situated between Dundas Road and Tsunami Lane, south of Elk View Road, approximately one mile northeast of Crescent City, Del Norte County. (JB-E) [POSTPONED]
10. CONDITION COMPLIANCE.
a. CDP 1-06-022 (Caltrans, Mendocino Co.) Review of plans submitted to comply with special conditions of CDP No. 1-06-022 granted to Caltrans for replacement of Ten Mile River Bridge, Highway 1, Mendocino County by Commission in June 2006, including (a) fish injury and acoustic monitoring plan, (b) fisheries habitat mitigation/enhancement plan, (c) revised marine mammal monitoring plan, and (d) bird and bat nesting/roosting plan. (MF-E)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be March 13-15 in Monterey; April 10-13 in Santa Barbara; May 9-11, in San Pedro; June 13-15 in Sonoma County; July 11-13 in San Luis Obispo; August 8-10 in San Francisco, September 5-7 in Eureka; October 10-12 in San Pedro; November 14-16 in San Diego; December 12-14 in San Francisco.