California Coastal Commission
This has been
posted at 3:30 p.m., Tuesday,
June 26, 2007.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Application No. 1-06-35 (Simpson Timber Company, Eureka) Application of Simpson Timber Company to repair and protect 1,700-ft. of eroded levee located along eastern shoreline of Humboldt Bay, at 5151 North Highway 101, Eureka, Humboldt County. (RSM-E)
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-06-32 (Shuttleworth, Humboldt Co.) Application of Stanley & Laurel Shuttleworth to construct 1-story single-family home of 2,018 sq. ft. with attached 588 sq. ft. 2-car garage, 307 sq. ft. covered porch and 500 sq. ft. low deck or patio, approximately 10-ft. wide by 200-ft-long gravel driveway, on-site septic tank and leachfield, and 3,000 gallon water storage tank and propane tank, and logging approximately 2.8 acres of existing forested area, at 1461 Kane Ridge Road, Big Lagoon, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
b. Application No. 1-06-45 (Daniel, Fort Bragg) Application of William Daniel for after-the-fact replacement eight 10" wood piles with twelve 8" steel piles and secure floating docks along north side of Noyo River, at 547 & 557 Casa Del Noyo Drive, Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (TST-E)
c. Application No. 1-07-4 (City of Crescent City) Application of City of Crescent City to construct 21-hole disc golf course in Beach Front Park, Crescent City, Del Norte County. (JB-E)
7. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-DNC-07-23 (Park, Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of County of Del Norte granting permit with conditions to Harry & Lucille Park for subdivision of 25.45-acre parcel into 4 lots ranging in size from 0.75-acre to 1.34-acre with 21.24-acre remainder parcel, at South Railroad Avenue, Crescent City, Del Norte County. (JB-E) [POSTPONED]
8. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. 1-03-4-A (Reclamation District 768, Humboldt Co.) Request by Reclamation District 768 to amend permit granted for long-term maintenance of levees to allow for more extensive repairs in 2007 to existing levee system, damaged by severe winter storms in multiple locations, at levees west of Arcata, along north side of Humboldt Bay and Mad River Slough, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
9. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Manager on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff, and status report on other major federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
10. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-026-07 (National Park Service, Marin County) Consistency Determination by National Park Service on Lower Redwood Creek restoration at Banducci Site, Upper and Lower Reaches, Marin County. (DNL-SF)
11. PERMIT REGULATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Public hearing and possible Commission action to authorize
staff to begin
the rulemaking process to revise portions of Chapters 5 and 6 of the
to update the Commission's filing fees. Public comments on the proposed
regulations can also be made at a future public hearing, during the
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be August 7-10 in San Francisco, September 4-7 in Eureka, and October 10-12 in San Pedro.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).