California Coastal Commission
This has been
updated at Noon, Thursday, July
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Manager on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff, and status report on other major federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
4. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-009-07 (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, Marin Co.) Consistency Determination by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Revised Management Plan for Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary, offshore Marin County. (CLT-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
b. CD-010-07 (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Marin and San Francisco Co) Consistency Determination by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Revised Management Plan for Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary, offshore Marin and San Francisco Counties. (CLT-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
c. CD-011-07 (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Marin through San Luis Obispo Co.) Consistency Determination by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Revised Management Plan for Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, offshore Marin through San Luis Obispo Counties. (CLT-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
d. CD-035-07 (Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles Co.) Consistency determination by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for maintenance dredging of 575,000 cu.yds. of material from Los Angeles River Estuary, and dredged material disposal at LA-2 offshore disposal site, Bixby Park Beach, City of Long Beach, and Pier G slip fill in Port of Long Beach. (LJS-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
e. CD-041-07 (National Marine Fisheries Service, Statewide) Consistency determination by National Marine Fisheries Service for issuance of an exempted fishing permit to Peter Dupuy to fish for swordfish with longline gear in the West Coast EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone), including offshore of California, which is currently prohibited for longline fishing for swordfish, in order to gather information on the economic viability and environmental effects, including the potential protected species and non-target finfish interactions, of fishing in the West Coast EEZ (MPD-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
f. CD-037-07 (U.S. Coast Guard, San Diego Co.) Consistency determination by U.S. Coast Guard to construct 242-ft long pier and floating dock for berthing large patrol vessels, located adjacent to existing boat dock at Harbor Drive facility, San Diego Bay, City of San Diego. (CMC-SF) MOTION AND VOTE
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-07-9 (Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District,) Application of Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District for permit to (1) demolish, remove and dispose of approximately 45,000 sq. ft. of storm-damaged timber deck planks, pilings and pile caps; (2) remove and dispose of stockpiled debris previously demolished under emergency provisions, following severe winter storms of 2005-2006; and (3) remove abandoned spud barge, at Foot of South Bay Depot Road, Fields Landing, Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-26 (Freis, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Ruth & Robert Freis from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions for removal of 19 Monterey Pine trees (approximately 35 years old) from blufftop lot, in 3 stages over the next four years, at 15120 Irish Beach Drive, Manchester, Mendocino County. (RSM-E) [WITHDRAWN]
9. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-3 (Nelson, Mendocino Co.) Granted permit with conditions to Robert & Pamela Nelson to construct carport attached to 1,728 sq. ft., single-family home, legalize placement of retaining wall (6 ft. tall) used in conjunction with planting bed for screening vegetation on eastern side of residence, and place 44 sq. ft. storage shed on deck, at 30150 South Highway One (approximately 5 miles south of Point Arena), Mendocino County. (MBK-E) MOTION AND VOTE