California Coastal Commission
2. ROLL CALL.
3. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Manager on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff, and status report on other major federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
4. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-046-07 (Navy, San Diego) Consistency determination by U.S. Navy to replace aboveground and underground fuel storage tanks and associated obsolete infrastructure with 8 above-ground storage tanks at Point Loma Fuel Storage and Distribution Facility, Naval Base Point Loma, City of San Diego. (CMC-SF)
b. CD-048-07 (National Park Service, Marin Co.) Consistency determination by National Park Service for Giacomini Wetland Restoration Project within Point Reyes National Seashore and Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Marin Co. (LJS-SF)
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
7. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. City of Eureka LCP Amendment No. EUR-MAJ-1-7 (Eureka Municipal Code Clean-up Amendments). Public hearing and action on request by City of Eureka to amend the certified Implementation Plan to rectify inconsistencies and errors, correct grammar and formatting, and clarify language that is currently vague, contradictory or confusing. (JB-E) [POSTPONED]
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-28 (Jackson-Grube Family, Inc., Mendocino Co) Appeals by (1) Molly Warner & Britt Bailey; (2) Commissioners Kruer & Wan; (3) Mendocino Group Sierra Club & Friends of The Ten Mile; and (4) Margery S. Cahn Trust & Whiting Family Revocable Trust from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Jackson-Grube Family, Inc. to build 10-unit inn in 2 phases. Phase I to consist of (1) demolition and reconstruction of former Orca Inn into main unit of 2,961 sq. ft., an upstairs unit of 1,089 sq. ft. and a downstairs unit of 833 sq. ft., (2) a 1,276 sq. ft. 2-floored managers unit, (3) 1,269 sq. ft. equipment barn, 648 sq. ft. maintenance shop, and (4) a 240 sq. ft. generator/pump shed. Phase II would consist of (1) 7 units with 3 added to main building in 2-storied units of 954 sq. ft., 951 sq. ft., and 820 sq. ft., (2) 2 units within detached bunkhouse of 531 sq. ft. and 757 sq. ft., and (3) 2 separate cottages of 835 sq. ft. and 915 sq. ft., a 778 sq. ft. spa, wells, septic system, roads and underground utilities are proposed within approximate 3.7-acre area , at 31502 North Highway One, Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (RSM-E)
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-07-8 (Kent, Humboldt Co) Application of Douglas Kent to construct 3-story, 1,886 sq. ft. single family home with detached 526 sq. ft. garage, paved driveway, water well and storage tanks, septic system, solar panels on house with battery backup, off of Kane Road, Big Lagoon area, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
b. Application No. 1-07-9 (Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District, Humboldt Co) Application of Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation & Conservation District to (1) demolish, remove and dispose of approximately 45,000 sq. ft. storm-damaged timber deck planks, pilings and pile caps; (2) remove and dispose of stockpiled debris at foot of South Bay Depot Road, Fields Landing, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
10. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. 1-06-22-A (Caltrans, Mendocino Co) Request by Caltrans to modify permit granted to replace Highway One Ten Mile River Bridge to authorize the installation of bridge railings designed to minimize visual impacts as required by Special Condition 18 of original permit including the use of 42 in.-high pedestrian rail on west side of bridge, a metal guard rail (ST-10) separating pedestrians from southbound traffic lane, and a 42 in.-high multi-purpose guard rail/bicycle rail on east side of bridge, at Ten-Mile River Bridge, Highway One, ten miles north of Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (MF-E)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be October 10-12 in San Pedro, November 14-16 in San Diego and December 12-14 in San Francisco.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).