California Coastal Commission
[Please note the special rules for using the San Francisco City Hall Legislative Chamber.]
This has been
updated at 12:30 p.m., Friday,
December 7, 2007.
3. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT/FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Report by the Division Supervisor on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff and status report on other major non-energy federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
a. CD-017-06 (Corps of Engineers, Humboldt) Consistency determination by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for 4-year maintenance dredging program (2008-2011), consisting of spring and optional fall dredging of Humboldt Bay bar and entrance channels, with disposal at Humboldt Open Ocean Disposal Site. (CT-SF)
b. CD-043-07 (Corps of Engineers, San Diego Co.) Consistency determination by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for vegetation and sediment management within the San Luis Rey River flood control project area, City of Oceanside, San Diego Co. (LJS-SF) [POSTPONED]
c. CC-061-07 (Peter Dupuy/Ocean Pacific Seafood, Statewide) Consistency Certification by Peter Dupuy for National Marine Fisheries Service-issued exempted fishing permit to fish for swordfish with long-line gear in West Coast EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone), including offshore of California, which is currently prohibited for long-line fishing for swordfish. Gather information on economic viability and environmental effects, including potential protected species and non-target finfish interactions, of fishing in West Coast Exclusive Economic Zone. (MPD-SF) [WITHDRAWN]
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES .
a. City of Fort Bragg LCP Amendment No. FTB-MAJ-1-6 (LCP Update). Public hearing and action on request by City of Fort Bragg for comprehensive update of its certified land use plan and implementation plan. (TST-E)
7. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES .
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-43 (Gualala Community Services Dist., Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Shallenberger & Wan from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Gualala Community Services District to extend 6-in. diameter wastewater main to 1.25 miles to serve proposed school in Gualala, within County road right-of-way beneath Old Stage Road, beginning approx. 0.9 mile north of Highway One, at Bodhi Tree Lane & extending 1.25 miles northwest to proposed Gualala school site along Old Stage Road, Gualala, Mendocino County. (MBK-E)
b. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-44 (Arena Union Elementary School Dist., Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Shallenberger & Wan from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Arena Union Elementary School District for construction of new K-through-5 elementary school complex totaling 29,447 sq. ft. of gross building area, 105,453 sq. ft. of paved area, and 50,100 sq. ft. of landscaped area on 10.5-acre parcel including associated major vegetation removal across 5 acres, grading (5,400 cu. yds. of cut and 3,800 cu. yds. of fill), road improvements, lighting and signage, at 39290 Old Stage Road, Gualala, Mendocino County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
c. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-07-47 (McConnell, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Kruer & Wan from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to William & Marcia McConnell for construction: (a) +1,336 sq. ft., single-story, single family home with max. height of 20-ft. above finished grade; (b) 327 sq. ft. of decks; (c) 85 sq. ft. of covered porch; (d) 305-sq.ft. detached garage with max. height of 13-ft. above finished grade; (e) 1,200 sq. ft. of concrete driveway; (f) installation of underground propane tank, (g) 24-sq.ft. trash enclosure; (h) on-site septic system; (i) and connection to utilities and community water, at 14820 Navarro Way, Manchester, Mendocino County. (MBK-E)
8. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES . An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. A-1-MEN-02-29-A (Elk Home, L.L.C., Mendocino Co.) Request by Elk Home, L.L.C. for addition of 373 sq. ft. on north side of 3,710 sq. ft. single family home with maximum height of 18 ft. above natural grades (totaling 4,082 sq. ft.), including 3,446 sq. ft. of living space and 636 sq. ft. attached garage, laundry and generator enclosure. Proposed amendment includes changing exterior siding and trim material from cement plaster with black color to clear all heart redwood vertical tongue and groove siding with clear penetrating oil finish, at 5260 South Highway One, Elk, Mendocino County. (MBK-E)
30. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S REPORT including report on legislation and water quality.
Legislation. The Commission may
take action on the following
ACA 8, AB 141, AB 258, AB 319, AB 350, AB 719, AB 739, AB 740, AB 828, AB 837, AB 992 , AB 1046, AB 1056, AB 1066, AB 1074, AB 1096, AB 1220 AB 1280, AB 1338, AB 1396, AB 1457, AB 1459, AB 1568, SB 4 , SB 10, SB 157, SB 412, SB 634, SB 670, SB 742, SB 821, SB 884, SB 911, SB 965, SCA 1.
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be January 9-11 in Los Angeles County and February 6-8 in San Diego.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).