FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2008
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
3. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
3.5. ADMINISTRATIVE PERMITS APPLICATIONS.
a. Application No. 2-08-14 (San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, San Francisco) Application of San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to repair and extend two outfalls on Ocean Beach. One is at the seaward end of Lincoln Way and one is at the seaward end of Vicente Street, San Francisco, San Francisco County. (MC-SF) [WITHDRAWN]
4. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
5. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. City of Pacifica LCP Amendment No. PAC-MAJ-2-07 (Minor). Concurrence with Executive Director's determination that request by City of Pacifica to amend its Local Coastal Program to add an Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance, is minor. (MC-SF)
6. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 2-07-27 (City of Pacifica, Pacifica) Application of City of Pacifica to request after-the-fact approval for replacement of the Clarendon Outfall, including replacement of pier piles and 24-in. steel pipe, at seaward terminus of Clarendon Road, Pacifica, San Mateo County. (MC-SF) [Moved to Consent Calendar]
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
9. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. SCO-MAJ-2-05 Part B (Family Childcare). Public hearing and action on request by Santa Cruz County to amend the certified LCP implementation plan to: 1) allow small family childcare in all LCP zoning districts that allow residential use; and 2) "clean up" miscellaneous implementation plan sections. (SC-SC)
b. City of Monterey LCP Amendment No. MTC-MAJ-1-7 Part 1 (Macabee Beach Redesignation). Public hearing and action on request by City of Monterey to amend the LCP's Cannery Row Land Use Plan to change designation of 6,000 sq.ft. parcel from developable site to open space/parks. (SC-SC) [POSTPONED]
c. City of Monterey LCP Amendment No. MTC-MAJ-1-7 Part 2 (Del Monte Beach Overnight Camping). Public hearing and action on request by City of Monterey to amend the LCP's Del Monte Beach Land Use Plan to prohibit overnight camping as a potential future use for the wastewater treatment plant area near Del Monte Beach. (SC-SC) [POSTPONED]
d. Monterey County LCP Amendment No. MCO-MAJ-2-07 Part 2 (Doud rezoning, Big Sur). Public hearing and action on request by Monterey County to modify land use designation and zoning of 2.5-acre parcel (from Outdoor Recreation (OR)/Open Space Recreation (OR) to Watershed and Scenic Conservation (WSC)/Watershed and Scenic Conservation (WSC/40)) located north of Garrapata Creek, south of Garrapata State Park, and west of Highway 1 in Big Sur area of Monterey County. (KM-SC) [POSTPONED]
e. Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. SCO-MAJ-3-03 Part 3 (Ag 2nd Units). Time Extension. Public hearing and action on extension of time limit to act on request by Santa Cruz County to allow second residential units on agricultural lands. (SC-SC)
10. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-SLO-07-024 (SLO Land Corporation, Cayucos). Appeal by Commissioners Reilly & Wan of San Luis Obispo County decision granting permit with conditions to SLO Land Corporation to construct 3 new two-story single family homes along with access improvements adjacent to Little Cayucos Creek at Birch Avenue & "E" Street in the Cayucos area of San Luis Obispo County. (JB-SC)
b. Appeal No. A-3-PSB-08-014 (Costa De Leon, Pismo Beach). Appeal by Commissioners Kruer & Reilly of City of Pismo Beach decision granting permit with conditions to Costa De Leon Properties to demolish ten vacant bungalow units and construct three-story, twelve-unit vacation rental condominium development at 172 Stimson Avenue in Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo County. (MW-SC) [POSTPONED]
c. Appeal No. A-3-CAP-08-021 (City of Capitola Redevelopment Agency and Rispin LLC, Capitola). Appeal by Save the Habitat of City of Capitola decision granting permit amendment with conditions to City of Capitola Redevelopment Agency and Rispin LLC to amend previously approved coastal development permit for Rispin Mansion Redevelopment and Restoration project to allow several project modifications, including realignment of pathway in mapped appealable area at 2000 and 2005 Wharf Road, Capitola, Santa Cruz County. (SC-SC)
d. Appeal No. A-3-SLO-08-022 (Bonaire Investments and Sprint/Nextel, Los Osos). Appeal by Judy Vick of San Luis Obispo County decision granting permit with conditions to Bonaire Investments and Sprint/Nextel to construct and operate unmanned wireless communications facility atop office building at 1337 Los Osos Valley Road (at intersection of Los Osos Valley Road and South Bay Boulevard) in Los Osos area of San Luis Obispo County. (JB-SC)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be July 9-11 in San Luis Obispo County and August 6-8 in Oceanside.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).