September 2008 Draft Agenda
The Coastal Commission’s monthly meeting agenda is now available via the internet.
If you wish to receive electronic notification for Commission meeting agenda, please send your email address to CCCmeetingnotice@coastal.ca.gov
NOTE: Please make sure that you set your e-mail anti-spam settings specifically to allow receipt of email from the coastal.ca.gov domain.
2.5. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT.
a. Possible Cancellation of Meetings. Discussion and possible Commission action on potential cancellation of October and other future meetings because there is no adopted FY 08-09 state budget. (PD-SF)
3. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Federal Consistency Report. Update and public hearing on Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Humboldt Bay South Spit Management Area, the subject of BLM’s consistency determination CD-052-02. (LJS-SF)
b. CD-42-08 (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Statewide) Consistency Determination by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for 2 draft National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) general permits for discharges incidental to normal operation of vessel: (1) NPDES Vessel General Permit (VGP) to cover discharges incidental to normal operation of commercial vessels and recreational vessels greater than or equal to 79-ft. in length, and (2) NPDES Recreational General Permit (RGP) to cover discharges incidental to normal operation of recreational vessels less than 79-ft. in length. (MPD-SF) [POSTPONED]
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
5.5. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs).
a. Del Norte County LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-2-03 (LCP Update) Time Extension. Public hearing and action to extend time limit to act on LCP amendment submitted by Del Norte County for comprehensive update of its certified land use plan and implementation plan. (JSB-E)
6. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-08-30 (Mendocino Land Trust, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by John & Dee Patrick from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Mendocino Land Trust to open public access trail along State Highway One to the ocean bluff within an easement and install signage, fencing, and boardwalk areas to define public trail, at 2300 Highway One, Albion, Mendocino County. (TST-E)
b. Appeal No. A-1-DNC-08-33 (Pinger, Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of County of Del Norte granting permit with conditions to Edward Pinger to construct 2-story, approximately 4,400 sq.ft. single-family home with driveway and septic system, at 12510 South Indian Road, Smith River, Del Norte County. (RSM-E)
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-08-001 (Russ & Wilburn, Humboldt Co.) Application of Lane & Lisa Russ & Mary Anne Wilburn to merge and resubdivide 5 parcels totaling 446.3 acres into 4 parcels, merging all of property lying on west side of Copenhagen Road into a single 417.2 acre parcel and reconfiguring the 29.1 acres on east side of Copenhagen Road into 3 parcels so that the southern residence (currently on APN 308-141-10) is on its own parcel, the barn and northern residence are together on one parcel, and one parcel is undeveloped at 2281, 2287 & 2351 Copenhagen Road, Loleta, Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
b. Application No. 1-08-19 (Humboldt County Dept. of Public Works, Division of Aviation, Humboldt Co.) Application of Humboldt County Department of Public Works, Division of Aviation to improve Murray Field regional airport including (1) construction of wildlife exclusion fence on raised levees and abandoned railroad bed adjacent to airport; (2) replacement of runway and taxiway lighting system and Runway 11 Visual Approach Slope Indicator (VASI); (3) and reconfiguration of paved aircraft-tiedown area to separate transient and based aircraft, provide clear access to and from the runway and taxiway system, and to accommodate construction of 10 hangars, at 4100 Jacobs Avenue, Eureka, Humboldt County. (TST-E)
c. Application No. 1-08-20 (Miller & U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Humboldt Co.) Application of Dick & Joan Miller & U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to rehabilitate 4,020-ft. of dikes along south and north banks of Mad River Slough by re-locating them or rebuilding them in place where appropriate to enable continued agricultural use of surrounding pasture land, restore 2.5-ac. of salt marsh habitat along Mad River Slough, restore 4.4-ac. riparian habitat, and enhance wetlands values on 12.3-ac. of pasture/seasonal freshwater wetland, at Mad River Road, Arcata, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission will be October 15-17 in Ventura, November 12-14 in Long Beach, and December 15-17 in San Francisco.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).