The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been posted at 12:30 p.m., Monday, April 12, 2010.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
a. Application No. 5-10-37 (Alberts, Venice) Application of Mr. Bruce D. Alberts to construct 3-level, 33-ft. high (with 40-ft. high elevator housing), 5,234 sq.ft. duplex with attached 4-car garage on 3,240 sq.ft. beach-fronting lot, at 2611 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County. (CP-LB)
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Long Beach office at (562) 590-5071.
7. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
8. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 5-10-30 (Caltrans, City of Los Angeles) Application of California Department of Transportation to construct new, approximately 96 ft. wide, 4- 12 ft. wide lanes, and shoulders varying from 2 to 10 ft. wide, bridge approach road, by realigning existing road (Route 47) to east, realigned road will overlap portions of existing roadway, and new roadway will be partly elevated and extend approximately 1,800 ft. in length from City of Los Angeles boundary line, located approximately 240 ft. north of Cerritos Channel to approximately Pier A West crossing, Wilmington, City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County. (AP-LB).
c. Application No. 5-09-223 (Department Of Beaches & Harbors, County Of Los Angeles, Venice) Application of Department of Beaches & Harbors, County of Los Angeles to remove 30,000 cu. yds. of dry beach sand and relocate one-half mile south to nourish eroded shoreline, at Venice Beach, 300 To 2300 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County. (CP-LB)
9. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
10. NOTICE OF IMPENDING DEVELOPMENT.
a. UCSB Notice of Impending Development No. 8-08 (Lagoon Management Plan Restoration). Public hearing and action on Notice of Impending Development by UC, Santa Barbara for restoration and public access improvements at Campus Lagoon, including restoration activities to remove exotic vegetation and protect & establish coastal bluff sage, grassland, oak woodland, salt marsh, and sand dune plant communities on Lagoon Island; remove exotic vegetation, remove asphalt, and protect & establish Monterey cypress, oak woodland, sand dunes, torrey pine, and coastal sage scrub plant communities at Campus Point; protect and enhance salt marsh habitat along the perimeter of the lagoon adjacent to San Nicolas dorm; delineate a specific access trail system around the lagoon and restore volunteer trails; and construct engineered stairway from the beach to Campus Point. (ADB-V) [POSTPONED]
12. REVISED FINDINGS.