The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been updated at 1:45 p.m., Wednesday, September 8, 2010.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
6. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
b. Humboldt County LCP Amendment No. HUM-MAJ-3-9 (Race Investments). Certification Review. Concurrence with the Executive Director’s determination that the resolutions and ordinances adopted by Humboldt County accepting certification of HUM-MAJ-3-9 (Race Investments) are legally adequate. The amendment involves changing the zoning designation of approximately 45 acres of land east of Eureka approximately one mile south of the intersection of Mitchell Road and Myrtle Avenue from a Commercial Timber (CT) designation to a Timber Production Zone (TPZ) designation. (MBK-E)
7. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-DNC-10-27 (Babich, Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of County of Del Norte granting permit with conditions to Henry Babich for Coastal Development Permit for a 4,608-sq.ft. storage building, at 200 Standard Veneer Road, one mile north of Crescent City, Del Norte County. (RSM-E)
8. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-10-14 (Dias, Humboldt Co.) Application of Ronald A. & Gayla S. Dias to divide an approximately 24-acre parcel into 7 lots ranging in size from 1.83 to 4.48 acres. The majority of land division and other development are located within coastal permitting jurisdiction of Humboldt County, with only approximately 0.6 acres within retained permit jurisdiction of Coastal Commission. The site is located at 3127 Mitchell Height Drive (approximately one mile east of Eureka), Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
9. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. 1-07-41-A (Humboldt County Department of Public Works, Humboldt Co.) Request by Humboldt County Department of Public Works to modify permit granted to remove accumulated sediment beneath road bridge for flood control purposes to add fish relocation and stream diversion activities to project scope to allow for sediment removal from within wetted stream channel. The development is located within County right-of-way beneath Jacoby Creek Bridge at Post Mile 7.5 on Old Arcata Road, approximately 400 ft. north of Graham Road, on outskirts of Arcata, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are October 13-15, 2010 in Oceanside and November 17-19, 2010 in Los Angeles/Orange County.