The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been updated at 12:30 p.m., Thursday, December 30, 2010
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 10 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
4. CONSENT CALENDAR . See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Motion and Vote
5. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT FOR ORANGE AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Long Beach office at (562) 590-5071.
a. City of Laguna Beach LCP Amendment No. LGB-MAJ-3-08 (Certification Review). Concurrence with the Executive Director’s Determination that the action by the City of Laguna Beach, accepting certification of Parts 1 and 3 of LGB-MAJ-3-08 with modifications is acceptable. Part 1 of the amendment applied land use and zoning regulations to the 8.52 acre site at 1900 Laguna Canyon Road (known as ACT V) bringing that land into the City’s certified LCP; Part 3 changed how building heights are measured and clarified parking garage regulations in certain zones; Part 2 related to the size of structures on beaches and in parks, and was resubmitted for further Commission review as LGB-MAJ-4-10. (KFS/MV-LB)
8. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
b. Application No. 5-10-110 (T- Mobile West Corp., Newport Beach) Application of T- Mobile West Corp. to remove concrete light pole and place new replacement steel light pole, mounted wireless antennas, underground vault, vent stacks, and 2 electrical meters within public right-of-way adjacent to Irvine Ave, near intersection of Irvine Ave., and Private Road, , located near Upper Newport Bay Regional Park, Newport Beach, Orange County. (JDA-LB)
CLOSED SESSION. At a convenient time during the meeting, the Commission (CCC) will have a closed session to discuss items of pending litigation, including:
Malibu Colony Neighbors Alliance v. CCC (Cal. Dept. of Parks & Rec., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Wetlands Defense Fund et al. v. CCC (Cal. Dept. of Parks & Rec. et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
City of Malibu v. CCC (Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Ramirez Canyon Preservation Fund v. CCC (Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Sierra Club v. Cal. Dept of Parks & Rec (County of San Luis Obispo et al., RPI) Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
Security National Guaranty v. CCC Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
CCC v. Allen Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
CCC v. Witter et al. Govt. Code §11126(e)(2)(A).
The Commission is authorized to discuss these matters in a closed session pursuant to Government Code Sections 11126(e)(2)(A) and (2)(C). In addition, the Commission may consider matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(e)(2)(B) or (2)(C). The Commission may also consider personnel matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(a).
11. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
12. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
13. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
14. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
15. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT including reports and possible Commission action on legislation and water quality.
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission February 9-11, 2011 in San Diego County and March 9-11 in Santa Cruz County..