SONOMA COUNTY Board of Supervisors 575 Administration Drive Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (415) 407-3211
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at the beginning of the agenda, if time permits and/or at the end of the day’s agenda.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
4. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
a. San Luis Obispo County LCP Amendment Number SLO-1-11 Part 2 (Agricultural Preserve). Public hearing and action on request by San Luis Obispo County to amend the certified Local Coastal Program to change the land use category for property recently put into agricultural preserves from Rural Lands to Agriculture near Avila Beach in San Luis Obispo County. (MC-SC)
a. Appeal No. A-3-SLO-11-021 (California State Parks and Recreation, San Luis Obispo Co.) Appeal by Katrina Dolinsky of San Luis Obispo County decision granting permit with conditions to decision the California Department of Parks and Recreation for construction and operation of five wind air quality monitoring stations for a period of two years in the Oceano Dunes area of San Luis Obispo County. (JB-SC)
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 3-11-027 (City of Santa Cruz Beach Management Plan) Application of the City of Santa Cruz to implement their Beach Management Plan affecting Main and Cowell Beaches in the City of Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County. (DR-SC) [POSTPONED]
10. Status Report on Violation Remediation Account (VRA). Report by Commission staff and the State Coastal Conservancy Executive Officer regarding the Violation Remediation Account (VRA) managed by State Coastal Conservancy. (SMH-SF)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are June 15-17, 2011 in Marina del Rey and July 13-15 in San Francisco .