4. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-063-10 (Bureau of Indian Affairs, Del Norte Co.) Consistency determination by Bureau of Indian Affairs for fee-to-trust land acquisition of 3 parcels of land totaling 22.6 acres for the Smith River Rancheria, in order to provide trust land for the Rancheria to construct residential and commercial/office/retail projects, Del Norte Co. (LJS-SF)
8. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
10. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. County of Del Norte LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-1-10 (Extension of Urban Services). Public hearing and action on request by County of Del Norte to amend the General Public Works Policy No. 1 of the Land Use Plan to include a fifth exception of the prohibition on utility extensions beyond the mapped urban services boundaries such that such services could be provided to the Elk Valley Rancheria's resort-casino project at the intersection of Humboldt & Sand Mine Roads, 1.5 miles southeast of Crescent City. (JB-E)
a. Appeal No. A-1-HUM-11-020 (Freshwater Tissue Co., LLC, Humboldt Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Wan & Sanchez from decision of Humboldt County granting permit with conditions to Freshwater Tissue Company, LLC for lot line adjustment between 5 APNs (APNs 401-031-43, -62, 401-111-07, 401-112-14 & -15) totaling approximately 140 acres, one of which (85 acres) is developed with old pulp mill located along Vance Ave, in Samoa area of Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
[Item 11b below has been rescheduled to Thursday, June 16 as item 20a.]
b. Appeal No. A-1-DNC-11-19 (California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of County of Del Norte granting permit with conditions to Caltrans for geotechnical drilling, at the Dr. Fine Bridge, crossing of Highway 101 over Smith River, Smith River, Del Norte County. (MF-E)
12. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-09-52 (Blue Port, L.L.C., Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Wan & Kruer from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Blue Port, L.L.C. to construct 5,183 sq.ft. single-family home with attached 675 sq.ft. garage, and 1,536 sq.ft upper and lower attached decks (for a total structural size of 7,394 sq. feet) and average height of 18 feet above natural grade, including: (a) 2,400 sq.ft. barn, (b) 600 sq.ft. guest house with attached deck and 192 sq.ft. cabana, (c) 192 sq.ft. hobby workshop, (d) 216 sq.ft. garden storage shed, (e) 160 sq.ft. cabana with attached deck, (f) replacement of existing shed, (g) installation of septic system, driveway, water storage tank, well, and roof mounted solar and (h) temporary use of guest cottage during construction, at 12350 South Highway One, Elk, Mendocino County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
13. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Humboldt County LCP Amendment No. HUM-MAJ-1-08 (Samoa), certified with suggested modifications. The LCP amendment amends the certified Local Coastal Program to redesignate and rezone the industrial designation of the town of Samoa to a mix of residential, commercial, natural resources and business park uses and extend the urban limit line within the approximately 138 acre town site on the Samoa Peninsula west of Humboldt bay. (RSM-E)