4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
5.3. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES
a. Appeal No. A-2-MAR-11-27 (Helmberger & Stinson Beach Cabin LLC, Stinson Beach). Appeal by Rosenlund et al. from decision of County of Marin granting permit with conditions to Bruce Helmberger & Stinson Beach Cabin LLC to construct a new 709 sq. ft. single-family home with a 280 sq. ft. attached carport on a 2,365 sq. ft. vacant lot, at 6 Francisco Patio, Stinson Beach, Marin County. (CL-SF)
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
8. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. SCO-1-11 Part 1 (Garages). Time Extension. Public hearing and action on extension of time limit to act on request by Santa Cruz County to amend the LCP to reduce side and rear garage setbacks and to allow minor deviations from certain zoning site standards for residential garages. (SC-SC)b. Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. SCO-1-11 Part 4 (Fences and Walls). Time Extension. Public hearing and action on extension of time limit to act on request by Santa Cruz County to amend LCP standards related to fences and retaining walls. (SC-SC)c. Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. SCO-1-11 Part 2 (Medical Marijuana). Public hearing and action on request by Santa Cruz County to amend the LCP to establish standards to regulate medical marijuana cooperatives and collectives. (SC-SC)d. City of Santa Cruz LCP Amendment No. STC-1-11 (La Bahia Hotel). Public hearing and action on request by the City of Santa Cruz to amend the LCP to apply a new zoning district and site standards for the historic La Bahia site to facilitate redevelopment of the site as a condo-hotel with restaurant and conference facilities. (SC-SC)
9. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-SCO-11-044 (Pitt, Santa Cruz Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Brennan and Stone, and Claudia Slater of Santa Cruz County decision granting permit with conditions to Michael Pitt to recognize after-the fact grading and 3 retaining walls, construction of concrete stairs, demolition of shed, and riparian restoration on lagoon side of 391 24th Avenue adjacent to Corcoran Lagoon in unincorporated Live Oak beach area of Santa Cruz County. (SC-SC)
10. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 3-09-029 (Rusconi, Santa Cruz) Application of Bill Rusconi to permanently recognize 62-ft. long sculpted concrete seawall (previously permitted through emergency CDP 3-09-017-G) and to make minor blufftop improvements (for residential and beach access) on blufftop and bluffs fronting 105 Seabright Avenue at Seabright unit of Twin Lakes State Beach in Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County. (DR-SC) [POSTPONED]
b. Application No. A-3-PSB-10-032 (Larson, Pismo Beach) Application of Jordan and Rachael Larson to demolish garage and to construct new garage and 1,220 sq.ft. single-family home at 202 Vista Del Mar in Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo County. (MC-SC)
c. Application No. 3-10-043 (Pebble Beach Company, Pebble Beach) Application of the Pebble Beach Co. to permanently recognize 2 rip-rap revetment structures (previously permitted through emergency CDP 3-10-012-G) between 17 Mile Drive and Fanshell Beach near Cypress Point in unincorporated Del Monte Forest area of Monterey County. (KB-SC) [POSTPONED]