WATSONVILLE CITY HALL CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS 275 MAIN STREET WATSONVILLE, CA 95076 (831) 588-4112
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 11, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9:00 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to the lunch break.
31. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT including reports and possible Commission action on legislation and water quality.
a. SB833 (Vargas). Discussion and possible Commission action on proposed legislation
Motion and Vote
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
a. Appeal No. A-2-MAR-11-27 (Helmberger & Stinson Beach Cabin LLC, Stinson Beach). Appeal by Rosenlund et al. from decision of County of Marin granting permit with conditions to Bruce Helmberger & Stinson Beach Cabin LLC to construct a new 709 sq. ft. single-family home with a 280 sq. ft. attached carport on a 2,365 sq. ft. vacant lot, at 6 Francisco Patio, Stinson Beach, Marin County. (CL-SF)
Motion and Vote
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
d. City of Santa Cruz LCP Amendment No. STC-1-11 (La Bahia Hotel). Public hearing and action on request by the City of Santa Cruz to amend the LCP to apply a new zoning district and site standards for the historic La Bahia site to facilitate redevelopment of the site as a condo-hotel with restaurant and conference facilities. (SC-SC)
a. Appeal No. A-3-SCO-11-044 (Pitt, Santa Cruz Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Brennan and Stone, and Claudia Slater of Santa Cruz County decision granting permit with conditions to Michael Pitt to recognize after-the fact grading and 3 retaining walls, construction of concrete stairs, demolition of shed, and riparian restoration on lagoon side of 391 24th Avenue adjacent to Corcoran Lagoon in unincorporated Live Oak beach area of Santa Cruz County. (SC-SC)
10. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 3-09-029 (Rusconi, Santa Cruz) Application of Bill Rusconi to permanently recognize 62-ft. long sculpted concrete seawall (previously permitted through emergency CDP 3-09-017-G) and to make minor blufftop improvements (for residential and beach access) on blufftop and bluffs fronting 105 Seabright Avenue at Seabright unit of Twin Lakes State Beach in Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County. (DR-SC) [POSTPONED]
c. Application No. 3-10-043 (Pebble Beach Company, Pebble Beach) Application of the Pebble Beach Co. to permanently recognize 2 rip-rap revetment structures (previously permitted through emergency CDP 3-10-012-G) between 17 Mile Drive and Fanshell Beach near Cypress Point in unincorporated Del Monte Forest area of Monterey County. (KB-SC) [POSTPONED]
11. ENFORCEMENT REPORT. Report by Chief of Enforcement on Statewide Enforcement Program. (LAH-SF)