Aquarium of the Bay Pier 39 San Francisco, CA 94133 (415) 407-3211
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. AGENDA CHANGES.
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. At some time prior to adjournment for the day, public comment will be heard for items not listed on today’s agenda.
5. Contract for Data Base Software System. Commission authorization for Executive Director to enter into a contract for procurement of a database software system for upgrade of Commission’s data management systems. (SH-SF)
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
a. Permit No. 1-08-37-A (Pacific Gas & Electric Co., Humboldt Co.) Request by Pacific Gas & Electric Co. to modify permit granted for vegetation management along gas pipelines to conduct additional vegetation management work along nine segments of gas transmission right-of-ways between Van Duzen River south of Alton & Arcata, Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [PREVIOUSLY ITEM 10a]
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-11-045 (Hentzsche, Neth, & Bishop, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Sanchez & Bochco from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Lisa Hentzsche, Pat Neth, Brian & Deborah Bishop for minor subdivision of 23.16 acre parcel to create two parcels, one containing 10.16 acres and one containing 13.0 acres at 30300 Hilltop Lane, Gualala, Mendocino County. (TG-E)
10. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
11. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
a. CD-029-11 (Army Corps, San Clemente) Consistency determination by U.S Army Corps of Engineers for San Clemente Shoreline Protection Project, a 50-Year Beach nourishment program for San Clemente Beach, consisting of initial nourishment on the beach in 2012 of approximately 251,000 cu.yds. of sand dredged from offshore Del Mar Boat Basin, and beach disposal in 3,412 ft.-long area centered around San Clemente Pier, San Clemente, Orange County. (MPD-SF)
c. CD-047-11 (Corps of Engineers, San Luis Obispo Co.) Consistency determination by Corps of Engineers for geophysical and geotechnical testing to determine feasibility of site for subsurface desalination intake and/or outfall, at Santa Rosa State Beach and Shamel County Park in Cambria, San Luis Obispo County. (TL-SF)
a. CD-047-90 (Navy, San Diego) Revised findings for Commission determination that the Commission’s 1991 concurrence with the Navy’s Consistency Determination for the Broadway Complex, Broadway and Harbor Drive, San Diego, is no longer valid, and that the project, which has not commenced, is no longer consistent to the maximum extent practicable with the California Coastal Management Program. (MPD-SF)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are January 11-13, 2012 in Santa Monica and February 8-10, 2012 in Santa Cruz County,