Annenberg Community Beach House 415 Pacific Coast Hwy. Santa Monica, CA 90402 (562) 972-9854
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2012
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. AGENDA CHANGES
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT.Public comments will be heard at 9:00 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day.
5.3. Open Meeting and Ex Parte Communication Legal Briefing.Presentation on the requirements of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting law and the Coastal Act provisions regarding public participation and ex parte communications. (HS-SF)
5.5 COMMISSION FIELD TRIP. The Commission will take a field trip, leaving the Annenberg Community Beach House at approximately at 10:30 am on Thursday, January 12, 2012, to visit various points along the Pacific Coast Highway and the Malibu coastline. The Commission will return at approximately 2:30 pm to complete its remaining agenda. The public is invited to attend by following the Commission vehicle(s) in private vehicles and joining the Commission at designated stops. Limited seating may be available on the Commission bus. A more detailed itinerary will be available at a later date. For more information, please contact the Commission’s South Central District office in Ventura at (805) 585-1800.
a. Application No. 1-11-22 (Figas, Humboldt Co.) Application of Robert & Kathryn Figas to remove and dispose of debris previously placed on the property using best management practices, off of King Salmon Avenue, King Salmon, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
9. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
11. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
a. Santa Barbara County LCP Amendment STB-Min-1-11. Public hearing and action on request by County of Santa Barbara to amend Implementation Program/Coastal Zoning Ordinance portion of its certified Local Coastal Program to clarify that hydraulic fracturing of existing or new wells is not a permitted use under exploration, and is subject to approval of a Production Plan, Coastal Development Permit, and in some zone districts, a Conditional Use Permit. (RB-SF)
a. CD-047-11 (Army Corps, San Luis Obispo Co.) Commission action on revised findings for consistency determination by US Army Corps of Engineers for geophysical and geotechnical testing to determine feasibility of site for subsurface desalination intake and/or outfall at Santa Rosa State Beach and Shamel County Park, Cambria, San Luis Obispo County. (TL-SF)
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
15. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
a. County of Del Norte LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-1-9 (Part C - Hogberg). Public hearing and action on request by County Of Del Norte to change the zoning and General Plan land use designations of two parcels from 2-acre residential density to 1-acre residential density, located south of the intersection of Dundas Road with Elk View Road, approximately 1-1/2 miles northeast of Crescent City. (JRB-E)
b. County of Del Norte LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-1-10 (Extension of Urban Services). Concurrence with the Executive Director's determination that the resolutions and ordinances adopted by Del Norte County accepting certification of DNC-MAJ-1-10 (Extension of Urban Services) are legally adequate. The amendment involves amending General Public Works Policy No. 1 of the Land Use Plan to include a fifth exception of the prohibition on utility extensions beyond the mapped urban services boundaries such that such services could be provided to the Elk Valley Rancheria's resort-casino project at the intersection of Humboldt & Sand Mine Roads, 1.5 miles southeast of Crescent City. (JB-E)
18. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-11-17 (E.Z. Landing R.V. Park & Marina, Humboldt Co.)Application of E.Z. Landing R.V. Park & Marina to (1) demolish and replace decrepit 1,800-sq.ft. building housing the caretaker’s quarters, office, and store with 2,000-sq. ft. double-wide mobile home housing the same uses in same location; (2) authorize after-the-fact the 2003 demolition of 750-sq. ft. workshop building, and (3) install a 1,500-sq. ft. double-wide mobile home for new workshop on historical footprint of demolished workshop building, at 1875 Buhne Drive, King Salmon, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)