[See meeting map and directions.]
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
Please note: agenda items are subject to change.
5. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240. [APPROVED]
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
7. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
8. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-031-12 (Manchester Band of Pomo Indians of the Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, Mendocino Co.) Consistency determination by Manchester Band of Pomo Indians of the Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, on behalf of the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), for 12 units of senior housing and associated improvements, at Windy Hollow Road and Mamie Laiwa Road on Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, south of Garcia River, north of Point Arena, Mendocino County. (JM-SF) [POSTPONED]
9. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833. [APPROVED]
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are October 10-12, in San Diego County and November 14-16, in Los Angeles County .