Phone number will only be in service when the meeting is in session.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
4.GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. At some time prior to adjournment for the day, public comment will be heard for items not listed on today's agenda for no more than 30 minutes.
a. Public Education Program Update. Briefing by members of the Public Education staff on activities and accomplishments for 2012. (CP, ES, SL, AF, VM, SW-SF)
7. ENFORCEMENT REPORT. Report by Chief of Enforcement on Statewide Enforcement Program. (LAH-SF)
8. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
10. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-09-34 (Marr & Malin, Mendocino Co.)Appeal by Albion Residents Association & Sierra Club from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Michael Marr & Judith Malin to construct 2,524+/- sq.ft., 21 ft.-high single-family home with a 634+/-sq.ft. attached garage, 329+/- sq. feet of covered porches and 24 ft.-high detached accessory structure, which includes 1,516+/- sq.ft. garage/workshop, 501+/- sq.ft. guest cottage and 121+/- sq.ft. covered porch. The guest cottage to be occupied as temporary residence before and during construction. Associated development includes upgrading existing encroachment onto Highway One, constructing 900+/- ft.-long driveway, installing construction trailer and septic disposal system, drilling water well and installing water storage tank, at 2800 Highway One, Albion, Mendocino County. (TG-E)
11. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
a.SONGS Mitigation Program. 2012 Annual Status Report for the Commission’s technical oversight and independent monitoring program for the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) mitigation program required as a condition of Coastal Development Permit No. 6-81-330 (Southern California Edison), San Diego, San Diego County. No Commission action required. (SMH-SF)
12. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY.See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a.CD-031-12 (Manchester Band of Pomo Indians of the Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, Mendocino Co.) Consistency determination by Manchester Band of Pomo Indians of the Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, on behalf of the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), for 12 units of senior housing and associated improvements, at Windy Hollow Road and Mamie Laiwa Road on Manchester-Point Arena Rancheria, south of Garcia River, north of Point Arena, Mendocino County. (JM-SF) [POSTPONED]
b.CD-046-12 (Department of Veterans Affairs, San Francisco) Consistency determination by Department of Veterans Affairs for the Long Range Development Plan for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Fort Miley, in the City and County of San Francisco. (JM-SF)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are January 9-11, 2013 in Pismo Beach and February 6-8, 2013 in Los Angeles or Orange County .