Phone number will only be in service when the meeting is in session.
Please note: agenda items are subject to change.
3. AGENDA CHANGES.
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 8:30 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day.
a. Draft Strategic Plan – Discussion Only. Public hearing and Commission discussion of the Coastal Commission’s draft Strategic Plan for the next five years (2013 to 2018). No Commission action at this meeting. Discussion may continue on Thursday (and/or Friday). (CL/SMH/MJ-SF)
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES . Motion and Vote
7. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES .
a. County of Humboldt LCP Amendment No. HUM-MAJ-1-12 (Guttero & Williams). Public Hearing and action on request by County of Humboldt to amend the LUP and IP designations and zoning districts of two parcels totaling 10.9 acres located at 2555 and 2625 Patricks Point Drive north of Trinidad from Rural Residential (RR/RA) to Coastal Commercial Timberland (TC/CT) to facilitate a merger with an adjacent 70.4-acre CT-zoned property and a resubdivision into two CT-zoned properties of approximately 40 acres and 41 acres. (MBK-E) Motion and Vote Motion and Vote
8. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES . Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-12-32 (California Department of Parks & Recreation, Humboldt & Del Norte Co.). Application of California Dept. of Parks & Recreation to restore approx. 550 acres of nearshore dune habitat by removing European beach grass and other invasive species using combination of mechanical, manual, and flaming techniques, at Gold Bluffs Beach, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. (MBK-E)
9. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
10. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES .
11. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Application No. E-12-005 and CC-027-12 (Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Luis Obispo Co.). Review and adoption of revised findings for Commission denial of permit application and objection to consistency certification by PG&E to conduct a high energy 3-dimensional geophysical survey employing use of air guns, hydrophones, and seafloor geophones in state and federal waters offshore San Luis Obispo County. (CT-SF) Motion and Vote
12. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES .
a. CD-057-12 (Corps of Engineers, Pismo Beach). Consistency determination by Corps of Engineers for shoreline protection vertical wall at St. Andrews Lift Station, Seacliff Dr. and Baker Ave., Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo County. (MPD-SF) Motion and Vote Amending Motion and Vote
CLOSED SESSION. At a convenient time during the meeting, the Commission (CCC) will have a closed session to discuss items of pending litigation, including:
Cannery Row Marketplace, LLC v. CCC, Govt. Code, section 11126(e)(2)(A)
Macpherson v. CCC, Govt. Code, section 11126(e)(2)(A)
Venice Stakeholders Assn. v. CCC et al., Govt. Code, section 11126(e)(2)(A)
The Commission is authorized to discuss these matters in a closed session pursuant to Government Code Sections 11126(e)(2)(A) and (2)(C). In addition, the Commission may consider matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(e)(2)(B) or (2)(C). The Commission may also consider personnel matters which fall under Government Code Section 11126(a).
13. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
14. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
15. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
16. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
17. SANTA MONICA BAY RESTORATION REPORT.
18. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
a. Legislation. Legislative report. Informational only. (CL/SC-SF)
b. Update on public access planning and state parks. Informational only.
Commission Field Trip. The Commission will take a field trip at the conclusion of the meeting on Wednesday, January 9, to the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant. The Commission will depart from the meeting location and may make several stops en-route in Pismo Beach and Avila Beach. A limited number of members of the public will be able to attend. A more detailed itinerary for public participation is provided. If you are interested in attending, please contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources & Federal Consistency unit in San Francisco at (415) 904-5240, no later than January 4, 2013.