Phone number will only be in service when the meeting is in session.
Please note: agenda items are subject to change.
4. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 8:30 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be additional comment time available later in the day.
5. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission's Arcata office at (707) 826-8950. [APPROVED]
7. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. City of Trinidad LCP Amendment No. LCP-1-TRN-13-205-2 (Vacation Dwelling Units). Public hearing and action on request by the City of Trinidad to amend Implementation Plan to establish development standards for vacation dwelling units. (JRB-A) [POSTPONED]
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-1-TRN-13-007 (Morgan, Trinidad) Appeal by Tsurai Ancestral Society from decision of City of Trinidad granting permit with conditions to Michael Morgan for modification of permit granted for Trinidad Bay Bed and Breakfast to modify special conditions regarding water use and septic system maintenance, at 560 Edwards St., Trinidad, Humboldt County. (JRB-A) [POSTPONED]
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
c. Application No. 1-13-010 (Nylander, Humboldt Co.) Application of Allen U. & Cheryl Nylander to repair 300 ft.-long section of existing agricultural levee by placing 640 cu.yds. of rock armoring along the levee, at 3800 Park St., Eureka, Humboldt County. (ND-A) [Moved to Consent Calendar, APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS]
10. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240. [APPROVED]
12. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
c. CD-0202-13 (Bureau of Land Management, Humboldt Co.) Consistency Determination by Bureau of Land Management for Lost Coast Headlands Activity Plan, located south of Eel River estuary in Humboldt County. (LS-SF) [Moved to Consent Calendar, APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS]