Meeting Agenda Monday November 29 Sierra Hearing Room – CalEPA Building 1001 I Street Sacramento, CA 95812-2815
Lester Snow, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair Linda Adams, Secretary for Environmental Protection John Chiang, State Controller, Chair of the State Lands Commission Susan Golding, Public Member Geraldine Knatz, Public Member Pedro Nava, State Assemblymember Fran Pavley, State Senator
Monday, November 29, 2010
10:00am – 5:00 pm*
1. Welcome and Council member announcements Lester Snow, Secretary for Natural Resources, Chair, OPC
2. Public comment on non-agenda items
3. Report from the Executive Director Amber Mace, Executive Director, OPC
4. Report from the Council Secretary Sam Schuchat, Secretary, OPC
5. Report from the Science Advisor Skyli McAfee, Executive Director, California Ocean Science Trust
6. Report on West Coast Regional Ocean Partnership Efforts Brian Baird, Assistant Secretary for Ocean and Coastal Policy, California Natural Resources Agency
9. DISCUSSION: California Sustainable Seafood Program – draft protocol - Comment on draft protocol Valerie Termini McCormick, Project Manager, OPC
10. ACTION: Consideration and possible authorization to disburse up to $1,500,000 to the Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission and to the Regents of the University of California, Sea Grant Program to further develop the Collaborative Fisheries Research Organization and to fund collaborative research projects in coordination with the California Department of Fish and Game and the OPC. - Letters of Support Sheila Semans, Project Specialist, OPC Pete Nelson, Executive Director, Collaborative Fisheries Research Organization
Motion and Vote
11. ACTION: Consideration and possible authorization to disburse up to $455,356 to The Nature Conservancy to support years two and three of the trawl survey that is part of the Central Coast Groundfish Project Valerie Termini McCormick, Project Manager, OPC Mary Gleason, Lead Scientist, California Coastal and Marine Program, The Nature Conservancy
*Note: Agenda items may be reordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed to Lawrence Matthews at (510) 286-1212 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this OPC meeting should contact Mr. Matthews no later than five days prior to meeting.