Meeting of the
Meeting of the California State Parks and Recreation Commission
Cayucos Room of the Inn at Morro Bay, 60 State Park Road
Morro Bay, California
Friday, August 24, 2007, 9:00 am
AGENDA of the 8-24-07 Meeting
1. Approval of minutes of the May 4th, 2007 meeting in Sebastopol
2. Chair’s Report/Recognitions
A. Adoption of resolution in support of the California Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights. Motion and Vote.
B. Recognition of employee retirements
3. Approval of Special Redwood Groves - Save-the-Redwoods League & Sempervirens Fund
4. Director’s Report
5. Public Hearing
A. Consideration and action on the Department’s recommendation to classify and name the properties known as Estero Bluffs and Harmony Coast (Sea West) along with the adoption of a declaration of purpose for these properties. Motion and Vote
B. Consideration and action on the Department’s recommendation to reclassify the unit known as William Randolph Hearst Memorial State Beach as a part of San Simeon State Park in conjunction with the adoption of a revised declaration of purpose for San Simeon State Park. Motion and Vote
C. Consent Items* (reflecting staff recommendations)
I. Determination that the concession contract for the Annenberg Community Beach Club Concession is compatible with the classification and approved general plan for Santa Monica State Beach
II. Determination that the concession proposal for the sale of alcoholic beverages at the Annenberg Community Beach Club Concession at Santa Monica State Beach is consistent with Commission policy
6. Open Public Comment (on subjects other than the above agenda items)
7. Informational item: California State Parks recommendations regarding Proposition 84 expenditures
8. Informational item: Update on California State Parks Central Valley Vision
9. CLOSED SESSION pursuant to Government Code section 11126(e) and specifically Government Code section 11126(e)(2)(C)(i), which authorizes a state body to confer with legal counsel when the state body has decided to initiate or is deciding whether or not to initiate litigation, regarding a proposal before the Tulare County Board of Supervisors to permit construction of two commercial dairy operations near Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park.
10. Public account of reportable items, if any, from closed session
* The Commission may approve consent items all at once without discussion. Any person requesting an opportunity to be heard with regard to consent items must complete a Speaker Registration Form (names are not required) prior to the announcement at the meeting of agenda item 5C, Consent Items. If such a request is made, the item(s) in question shall be pulled from the consent list for discussion and/or public comment.