|Agenda of the 2-27-14 meeting|
REVISED AGENDA for February 27, 2015
- All items will be held in public session unless otherwise noted -
- All items are subject to action by the Commission -
1. Chair’s Report, Commissioner reports/comments, Recognitions.
A. Approval of Commemorative Redwood Groves. Motion and Vote
2. Director’s Report.
3. Presentation: Parks Forward report and next steps.
4. Presentation: California State Parks Transformation Initiative – Goals and objectives, Transformation Team, action plan, status.
5. Consent Items* (reflecting staff recommendations) - Determination that the following concessions proposals are compatible with the classifications and approved general plans for their respective State Park System units: Motion and Vote
A. Extension of the contract to operate overnight accommodation rentals and food service at Crystal Cove State Park.
B. Contract for the development and operation of an Aerial Trail System ("zip line") at Lake Perris State Recreation Area.
C. Extension of the contract with Fiesta de Reyes to operate overnight accommodations, food service, and retail concessions at Old Town San Diego State Historic Park.
D. Extension of the contract to operate overnight accommodations, food service, and retail concessions at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.
6. Public Comment (on subjects other than the listed agenda items).
7. Election of Commission Vice Chair for 2015. Motion and Vote
8. CLOSED SESSION** to discuss pending and/or potential litigation as permitted by Government Code section 11126 et seq. Conference with legal counsel to confer with and receive advice regarding pending litigation when discussion in open session would prejudice the position of the Commission. [Government Code § 11126(e)(1) & (e)(2)(A)].
A. Washoe Meadows Community, et al. v. California Department of Parks and Recreation and California State Park and Recreation Commission, et al (Alameda Superior Court Case No. RG 11-605742).
B. People of the State of California ex re Attorney General Bill Lockyer and State Park and Recreation Commission v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, et al. (San Diego Superior Case No. GIN051371); California State Parks Foundation, et al. v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, et al. (San Diego Superior Court Case No. 37- 2013-00049797-CU-WM-NC, consolidated with Case No. 37-2013-00050001-CU-WM-NC).
*The Commission may approve consent items all at once without discussion. Any person requesting an opportunity to be heard with regard to consent items must complete a speaker form (names are not required) prior to the announcement at the meeting of agenda item 5, Consent Items. If such a request is made, the item(s) in question shall be pulled from the consent list for discussion and/or public comment.
**The Commission may conduct a closed session pursuant to state law. The closed session will not be open to the public. Commissioners will adjourn to an adjacent room for the closed session, and at the conclusion of the closed session the Commission will reconvene in open session to provide an account of any reportable events as required.