– MEETING NOTICE –
DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD
Thursday, September 14, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PDT
Primary Meeting Location:
980 Ninth Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room
Sacramento, CA 95814 Additional Teleconference Location:
University of Washington
Department of Earth and Space Sciences
Johnson Hall, Room 370
4000 15th Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98105
SUISUN MARSH FIELD TOUR
Friday, September 15, 2017
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. PDT
Field Tour Meeting Location:
California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
3500 Industrial Blvd.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Meeting on day 1 will be webcast at: www.deltacouncil.ca.gov
Webcast signal may be intermittent due to infrastructure at the meeting location.
The Suisun Marsh field tour on day 2 will not be webcast.
THE AGENDA ITEMS LISTED BELOW MAY BE CONSIDERED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER PURSUANT TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE ISB CHAIR. TIMES LISTED ON THE AGENDA ARE APPROXIMATE ONLY. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD, AL ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA, WHETHER OR NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED FOR ACTION, MA BE DELIBERATED UPON AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ACTION. PUBLIC COMMENT MAY BE LIMITE TO THREE MINUTES PER PERSON.
On September 14, the Delta Independent Science Board (Delta ISB) will take action to finalize its review of the Delta Plan Amendment for Conveyance, Storage Systems, and the Operation of Both (CSO). In addition, the Delta ISB will discuss the status of current reviews, how to distribute one-page summary sheets for its reviews, and ideas for the next thematic reviews.
On September 15, Cliff Feldheim, Chief of DWR’s Suisun Marsh Program, and Steve Chappell, Executive Director of the Suisun Resource Conservation District, will lead a field tour in Suisun Marsh. On the afternoon of September 14, Mr. Feldheim will provide an overview of the monitoring, research and restoration in Suisun Marsh.
The public may join the Delta ISB on the field tour. However, transportation and lunch will not be provided. To help with planning, please e-mail Edmund.Yu@deltacouncil.ca.gov
if you plan to join the Delta ISB on the field tour.
September 14, 2017 - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PDT
September 15, 2017: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. PDT
Welcome and Declarations
Delta ISB Chair’s Report and Business Matters
Delta Lead Scientist Report
Council Chair and Executive Officer Report
Finalize Review Documents for the Delta Plan Amendment for CSO (Action Item) Motion and Vote
Discussion: One-page Summary Sheet on the Adaptive Management Review
12:00 pm ~ 1 Hour Lunch
Closed Session (Not Open to the Public) – Personnel Matter on Filling Upcoming Delta ISB Vacancy (Government Code §11126 (a)(1))
1:00 pm ~ Reconvene Open Session
- Status of the Delta Monitoring Enterprise Review
Presentation: Overview of Monitoring, Research, and Restoration in Suisun Marsh by Cliff Feldheim (DWR)
- Discussion: Select Next Thematic Reviews
Discussion: Water Quality Thematic Review
Preparation for the October and November Delta ISB Meetings
Review of Items for Follow-up
- Public Comments
Suisun Marsh Field Tour (will convene at DWR’s parking lot at 3500 Industrial Blvd, West Sacramento, CA 95691)
- If you have any questions, please contact Edmund Yu at (916) 445-0637 or Edmund.Yu@deltacouncil.ca.gov
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Independent Scienc Board on any agenda items except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such opportunity at an earlier meeting. In addition, comments during the Public Comment period shall be limited to matters within the Delta ISB’s jurisdiction and not on the agenda. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Sections 11125.7).
- Members of the public are encouraged to visit the Delta ISB website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/delta_science_program/isb/isb_meetings.html to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office, Delta Stewardship Council at (916) 445-5511, TDD (800) 735-2929.