DELTA INDEPENDENT SCIENCE BOARD MEETING
Friday, March 8, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
Meeting and Workshop Location:
Park Tower, Second Floor Conference Room
980 9th Street
Sacramento, California 95814
|Available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. PST||Available for Full Meeting|
|Pullman Hotel |
2 IGI Airport GMR Hospitality District, Asset No. 2
New Delhi, Delhi 110037, India
|2406 Lalor Road|
Oregon, WI 53575
|Meeting will be webcast at www.deltacouncil.ca.gov. |
Webcast signal may be intermittent due to internet infrastructure at the meeting location.
The Delta Independent Science Board (Delta ISB) will discuss the status of its review on the Interagency Ecological Program (IEP) and will decide how to move forward with the review (see prospectus). In addition, the Delta ISB will discuss how to move forward with the opportunities to improve interagency science that are described in its letter to the Delta Plan Interagency Implementation Committee (DPIIC) to prepare for its presentation to DPIIC on April 8, 2019.
Outside of the usual business matters, the Delta ISB will host its second workshop to help inform its ecosystems review that will assess the state, quality, and potential usefulness of scientific information to help agencies understand and manage the consequences of species shifts into Delta lands and waters (see prospectus). The purpose of this workshop is to explore the critical science, and monitoring issues and needs concerning non-native species and ecosystem management.
Presenters at the workshop include Ms. Gina Darin (California Department of Water Resources), Dr. Shruti Khanna (California Department of Fish and Wildlife), Dr. Jonathan Rose (United States Geological Survey), Dr. Albert Ruhi (University of California, Berkeley), and Dr. Ted Sommer (California Department of Water Resources).
|"Coequal goals" means the two goals of providing a more reliable water supply for California and protecting, restoring,|
and enhancing the Delta ecosystem. The coequal goals shall be achieved in a manner that protects and enhances the
unique cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the Delta as an evolving place.
– CA Water Code §85054
A link to the live webcast will be available the day of the meeting at deltacouncil.ca.gov/ as well as cal-span.org/.
Order of agenda items and listed times are subject to change.
|March 8, 2019: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST|
|1.|| Welcome and Declarations|
|2.|| Discussion: Status of the IEP Review and Next Steps|
|3.|| Update on the Delta Monitoring Enterprise Review (see work plan)|
|4.|| Council Chair and Executive Officer Report|
Staff Report: Performance Measure Dashboard and Guidebook
Staff Report: Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation Strategy Project Update
| || ||Attachment 1: Technical Advisory Committee Members|
Attachment 2: Draft Delta Climate Change Resilience Goals
|9:15 a.m. ~ 15 Minute Break (Reconvene at 9:30 a.m.)|
|5.|| Ecosystems Review Workshop #2|
|12:30 p.m. ~ Lunch Break (Reconvene at 1:30 p.m.)|
|6.|| Delta ISB Chair Report and Business Matters|
|7.|| Delta Lead Scientist Report|
Bay-Delta Plan Biological Goals Scientific Advisory Panel Meeting (3/4/19)
|8.|| Discussion: Moving Forward with the DPIIC Letter on the Urgency and Opportunities for Improving Interagency Science in the Delta|
|9.|| Presentation: Restoration Trajectory of the South San Diego Bay Salt Ponds by Madison Thomas (California Sea Grant State Fellow, Delta Science Program)|
|10.|| Debrief on Ecosystems Review Workshop #2|
|11.|| Update on the Water Supply Reliability Review|
|12.|| Preparation for Upcoming Delta ISB Meetings|
|13.|| Review of Items for Follow-up|
|14.|| Public Comments|
| ||Meeting adjourned|
- If you have any questions, please contact Edmund Yu at 916-445-0637 or Edmund.Yu@deltacouncil.ca.gov.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta ISB on any agenda items except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such opportunity at an earlier meeting. In addition, comments during the Public Comment period shall be limited to matters within the Delta ISB’s jurisdiction and not on the agenda. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Sections 11125.7).
- Members of the public are encouraged to visit the Delta ISB website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/delta_science_program/isb/isb_meetings.html to print the background meeting materials. A limited number of copies of these materials will be available at the meeting.
- If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Office, Delta Stewardship Council at (916) 445-5511, TDD (800) 735-2929.
- Note that the Delta Stewardship Council, which provides staff services to the Delta ISB, is under ex parte communication restrictions with regard to the Smith Canal Gate Project, and cannot discuss the project with anyone outside of the Council, which includes the Delta ISB. The Delta ISB is independent of the Council and is not under ex parte restrictions.
| || |
| || |