Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
DELTA STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL
A California State Agency
|980 9TH STREET, SUITE 1500|
-- AGENDA -–
MEETING OF THE DELTA STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Park Tower Plaza, 980 9th St., Sacramento, CA 95814
THE AGENDA ITEMS LISTED BELOW MAY BE CONSIDERED IN A DIFFERENT ORDER PURSUANT TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE COUNCIL CHAIR. TIMES LISTED ON THE AGENDA ARE APPROXIMATE ONLY. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DELTA STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL, ALL ITEMS APPEARING ON THIS AGENDA, WHETHER OR NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED FOR ACTION, MAY BE DELIBERATED UPON AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO ACTION. PUBLIC COMMENT MAY BE LIMITED TO THREE MINUTES PER PERSON.
|1.|| Welcome and Introductions|
|2.|| Roll Call – Establish a Quorum (Water Code §85210.5)|
|3.|| Closed Executive Session: Litigation (Not Open to the Public) (Action Item) The Council may discuss litigation matters pursuant to Government Code §11126 (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(B)(i), and/or (e)(2)(C)(i), including: (a) Delta Stewardship Council Cases, Coordinated Proceeding JCCP No. 4758, and (b) Bracewell Engineering Inc., et al., v. Delta Stewardship Council, et al., Sacramento County Superior Ct. No. 34-2015-80002178.|
|4.|| Reconvene Open Session|
|5.| Adoption of October 26, 2017 Meeting Summary (Action Item)
Motion and Vote
|6.|| Chair's Report (Information Item)|
|7.|| Executive Officer’s Report (Information Item)|
a. Legal Update
|8.|| Lead Scientist’s Report (Information Item) |
Lead Scientist Dr. John Callaway will report on recent Delta science activities.
Attachment 1: By the Numbers Summary (report to be provided at the Council Meeting)
|9.|| Nomination to Fill Upcoming Vacancy on the Delta Independent Science Board (Action Item) |
The Lead Scientist will make a nomination to fill an upcoming vacancy on the Delta Independent Science Board.
Attachment 1: Dr. Holzer’s Curriculum Vitae
Motion and Vote
|10.|| California Water Plan Update 2018 (Information Item) |
A panel of representatives from local and State agencies will brief the Council about emergency repairs made earlier in 2017 and the status of flood risk emergency preparedness.
|11.|| 2018 Flood Season Preparedness (Information Item) |
Staff from the California Department of Water Resources will provide an overview of the Water Plan Update 2018 update process, key content in the preliminary draft, next steps for finalization of the plan, and discuss the nexus amongst the update, the Delta, the Delta Plan, and the coequal goals.
Attachment 1: Sustainability Outlook Brochure
Attachment 2: Council Comment Letter on Update 2018 Preliminary Draft (October 2017)
|12.|| Public Comment|
|13.|| Preparation for Next Council Meeting – Discuss (a) expected agenda items; (b) new work assignments for staff; (c) requests of other agencies; (d) other requests from Council members; and (e) confirm next meeting date.|
NOTE: Times listed on the agenda are approximate only. Item could be heard earlier or later as business is completed.
- Your comments are important to each member of the Council and staff.
- Correspondence received by regular mail or email before noon the day prior to a Council meeting will be distributed to members in advance of the meeting and posted on the Council’s website.
- Correspondence received after noon or hand delivered at the meeting will be distributed to the members at the start of the meeting or when received, and posted to the website after the meeting.
- Members of the public shall be provided an opportunity to address the Delta Stewardship Council on any agenda item except closed session items and those items for which the public has already been afforded such an opportunity at an earlier meeting. Comments during the public comment period shall be limited to matters within the Council’s jurisdiction. Reasonable time limits may be established for public comments (Government Code Section 11125.7).
- Additional information can be found on the Delta Stewardship Council’s website at http://deltacouncil.ca.gov/. If you have any questions, please contact Pat Rogers at (916) 445-5511.
- If you have questions or need reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources, Delta Stewardship Council (916) 445-5511, or TDD (800) 735-2929.
- The times for subject discussion or action or for adjournment are approximate only. Should the Council complete its business under any agenda item, it will move on to the next agenda item. Should the Council complete its full agenda for a meeting day prior to the scheduled adjournment time, and no member of the public wishes to provide further testimony, the Council meeting will adjourn early.
"Coequal goals" means the two goals of providing a more reliable water supply for California and protecting, restoring, and enhancing the Delta ecosystem. The coequal goals shall be achieved in a manner that protects and enhances the unique cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the Delta as an evolving place.” – CA Water Code §85054