CALIFORNIA MLPA INITIATIVE BLUE
RIBBON TASK FORCE
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA (revised August 20, 2007)
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 9:30 a.m.
Resources Building * 1416 Ninth Street, First Floor Auditorium Sacramento, California
Members of the public are invited to view or listen to the meeting via
simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Please visit the MLPA website at
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/mlpa/meetings.html for more information.
Public participation: The public
will be invited by the chair at several points in the meeting to offer comments
on agenda items. General comments on the MLPA Initiative and the work of the
MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force, not directed to specific agenda items, will be
taken at approximately 9:40 a.m. Speaker cards will be requested and may
be found at the entrance to the room.
* Receive public comment on items not on the agenda
* Receive briefing on the staffing and resource needs of the
initiative and completing other MLPA study regions
* Receive update on regional stakeholder group and science
advisory team activities
* Receive update on MLPA Statewide Interests Group
* Receive update on revisions to the draft “MLPA Regional
Profile for the North Central Coast Study Region (Alder Creek/Point Arena to
Pigeon Point, California)”
* Receive update on implementation of the central coast
marine protected areas
* Discuss and potentially develop comments on proposed
revisions to the ”California MLPA Master Plan for Marine Protected Areas”
* Adopt methods for stakeholder involvement at both the
statewide and regional levels
Note: the task force will break for lunch at approximately 12:00 noon.
1. Welcome and Introductions
9:30 a.m. Susan Golding, Chair, MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force.
2. Public Comment
Public comment will be taken on the task force meeting and initiative process.
Public comments on specific agenda items should be made during that agenda item.
Informational Items 3. Staff Planning and Resources
Updated MLPA Initiative calendar of meetings for the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task
Force, Master Plan Science Advisory Team, and North Central Coast Regional
List of MLPA staff and roles in the MLPA Initiative
Revised membership list for the MLPA North Central Coast Regional
Membership list for the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request
reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay
Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or
800.735.2922 (voice) and ask them to contact the California Marine Life
Protection Act Initiative at 916.653.5656.