Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
Blue Ribbon Task Force, Draft Meeting Agenda: March 18, 2010
View Full Agenda and Briefing Documents
Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:00 p.m.
via teleconference and online meeting*
Toll-free conference call
Dial-in number: 1 (877) 615-4339
Presentations via GoToMeeting
Make your reservation now at
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) or contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.654.1885.
Public Participation: Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting via conference call and webinar or may view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet. Video and audio archives of the meeting may be accessed via the Internet approximately one to two days after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_n.asp for more information.
Public comment: The public will be invited to offer general comments on subjects related to the work of the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF), not specific to an agenda item, at approximately 2:10 p.m. on Thursday, March 18. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged (comments can be submitted to MLPAComments@resources.ca.gov).
Meeting Materials: Briefing documents will not be provided at the meeting but will be viewable on this page as soon as they are available.
- Receive an update from the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team
- Discuss and potentially approve additional policy direction for the north coast related to tribal and tribal community uses of marine resources
- Discuss and potentially approve pursuing additional legal guidance related to tribal and tribal community uses of marine resources in marine protected areas
- Receive updates on staffing and the 2008-2011 budget
- Receive an update on MLPA implementation in other study regions
Meeting Agenda – Thursday, March 18, 2010
This shortened version of the full agenda contains only main agenda items.
See below to view the full agenda and meeting briefing documents.
Note: Public comment on items not on the agenda will be taken at approximately 2:10 p.m.
Welcome, Review of Agenda, and Brief Introductions
- Master Plan Science Advisory Team
II. Policy Direction for the MLPA North Coast Study Region
- Policy Guidance for the North Coast Study Region
Potential Action: Provide additional guidance to the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group with regard to developing draft MPA proposals Motion and Vote
Potential Action: Approve formation of a tribal policy work group
- Legal Guidance for the BRTF Regarding Tribal Uses in MPAs
Potential Action: Approve funding for a legal analysis of legal questions raised by BRTF members
III. Task Force Operations
- MLPA Initiative Staffing and Resources
- MLPA Initiative Budget and Calendar
IV. Implementation in Other MLPA Study Regions
- Update on Efforts to Implement the MLPA in the Central Coast, North Central Coast, and South Coast Study Regions
General Public Comment
Full Agenda and Briefing Documents
All files require Adobe Reader.