Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here To Start
North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder Group, Draft Meeting Agenda: December 12, 2007
December 11-12, 2007
Best Western Lighthouse Hotel*
105 Rockaway Beach Avenue
Pacifica, CA 94044
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) and ask them to contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.653.5656.
Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet; an archived version will be available approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the MLPA website at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings.asp for more information.
|Click here for an Adobe PDF version of this agenda.
(Revised December 7, 2007)
- Receive updates or informational presentations on tribal use data, revised "external" MPA proposals interests, bird/mammal disturbance issues, MLPA Goal 3 analysis, preliminary results of a Marxan analysis by UC Santa Barbara graduate students, developing individual MPA objectives for draft MPA proposals, and revised 2008 schedule
- Work in extended work group and plenary formats to respond to MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT),Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF), and California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) feedback on draft MPA arrays/proposals
- Select no more than five draft MPA proposals for the next round of review and evaluation
- Adopt new ground rule to focus North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCCRSG) email communications
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Breakfast provided for NCCRSG members - 7:00 a.m.
9. Work group sessions to incorporate input from plenary review and continue developing draft MPA proposals - 8:00 a.m.
10. Work groups and staff to confirm text and shapes of draft MPA proposals - 11:15 a.m.
Lunch (provided onsite for NCCRSG members) - 11:45 a.m.
11. Public comment - 12:30 p.m.
12. Work groups present "draft MPA proposals" to plenary, discussion - 1:00 p.m.
Jade Turquoise Emerald
13. Conduct straw voting, if needed, to winnow number of "draft MPA proposals" to no more than five for next round of evaluations and review - 2:15 p.m.
14. Present results of straw voting, if any, and discuss next steps - 3:30 p.m.
15. Wrap up and review steps to prepare for subsequent evaluations and reviews, and the next NCCRSG meeting (March 18-19, 2008) - 3:45 p.m.
Adjourn - 4:00 p.m.
- Draft ground rule on NCCRSG email communications
- Revised 2008 MLPA schedule
- Staff memo and revised staff summary of SAT analysis
- Draft staff evaluation of MLPA Goal 3
- Examples of MPA regulatory language and "objectives" from the MLPA central coast process