California MLPA Initiative North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
Click Here To Start
North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder Group, Proposed Agenda: March 18-19, 2008
(revised March 13, 2008)
March 18 , 2008 (9:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.) March 19, 2008 (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) Four Points by Sheraton* 1010 Northgate Drive San Rafael, CA 94903
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) and ask them to contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.654.1885.
Public participation: Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in person or view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the Internet; an archived version will be available approximately two days after the meeting. Please visit the Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) website at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings.asp for more information.
The public will be invited to offer comments on the work of the MLPA North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCCRSG) at approximately 1:15 p.m. on March 18 and 8:00 a.m. on March 19.
Briefing documents and meeting presentations/handouts: Please note that briefing documents are listed at the bottom of the agenda as either attachments (received in advance of the meeting) or handouts (received on the day of the meeting).
Click here for an Adobe PDF version of this agenda.
Develop final round of marine protected area (MPA) proposals to be forwarded to the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT) and MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF)
Provide opportunities for:
Proposal work teams to develop draft final MPA proposals
Full NCCRSG to comment on all three draft final MPA proposals
Proposal work teams to revise and finalize MPA proposals
Determine how the NCCRSG will express support and preference for the final MPA proposals
Plan next steps to present final round of MPA proposals to the BRTF
Meeting Agenda: Tuesday, March 18
Note: The NCCRSG will break for lunch at approximately 12:30 p.m.
1. [Plenary] Welcome, introductions, and review of meeting objectives - 9:00 a.m.
2. [Plenary] Updates - 9:20 a.m.
California Department of Fish and Game guidance
Input from marine bird and mammals disturbance work group
Application of "levels of protection"
3. [Work teams] Proposal work teams develop draft final MPA proposals - 9:40 a.m.
4. Public comment - 1:15 p.m.
5. [Plenary] Proposal work teams present draft final proposals; NCCRSG members discuss and suggest revisions - 2:15 p.m.
Proposal 1 and 3
6. [Plenary] Continue discussion and comments on draft final proposals - 3:30 p.m.
7. [Plenary] Recap and review next steps - 5:30 p.m.