CALIFORNIA MLPA INITIATIVE
PROTECTION ACT INITIATIVE
SCIENCE ADVISORY TEAM (SAT)
Click Here To Start
CALIFORNIA MLPA INITIATIVE MASTER
SCIENCE ADVISORY TEAM
DRAFT MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Aviation Library and Museum
San Francisco International Airport
Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting in
person or view and listen to the meeting via simultaneous webcasting on the
Internet and may view an archived version approximately two days after the
meeting. Please visit the MLPA website at www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/mlpa
for more information.
Red links indicate pages
that require Adobe
here for an Adobe PDF version of this agenda.
- Introduce new SAT members, select chair(s), and select North Central Coast
- Review SAT charter
- Review and potentially adopt draft SAT operating guidelines
- Review "California MLPA Master Plan for Marine Protected Areas"
guidance on MPA design
- Review 2005-2006 SAT criteria for reviewing MPA proposals
- Preliminary discussion of existing north central coast MPAs evaluation
1. Welcome, introductions, and review of agenda: 9:30 a.m.
John Ugoretz, Marine Habitat Conservation Program Manager, California
Department of Fish and Game
Ken Wiseman, Executive Director, MLPA Initiative
2. SAT charter and draft operating guidelines: 10:00 a.m.
Review SAT charge - questions from SAT members
Review draft operating guidelines - SAT edits and potential adoption
Select SAT chair(s)
Motion to adopt
Select North Central Coast Science Sub-team
Break: 11:00 a.m.
3. Master Plan guidance on MPA design: 11:15 a.m.
- Review and discuss SAT guidance
Discuss areas needing new guidance based on differences in study regions
Determine process for developing new guidance, if necessary
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - provided
for SAT members and staff onsite (food court nearby for the public)
3. Continued discussion of Master Plan guidance: 1:00 p.m.
4. SAT criteria for reviewing MPA proposals: 1:30 p.m.
Demonstration of proposal review from central coast process
Presentation on automating proposal review
- Discussion of potential additional review criteria and methods
Break: 2:30 p.m.
5. Evaluation of existing north central coast MPAs: 2:45 p.m.
Presentation of review based on existing criteria and framework
Discussion of additional review and modeling possibilities
6. Public Comment: 3:30 p.m.
Public comment may be allowed at other times during the meeting at the
discretion of the chair.
7. Wrap up and next steps: 3:45 p.m.
Motion to adopt operating guidelines
Meeting schedule for future SAT and associated meetings
Adjourn: 4:00 p.m.