Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
FEBRUARY 2001 AGENDA
333 MADONNA ROAD
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA 93406
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2001
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
2.5. ELECTION of CHAIRPERSON, VICE CHAIRPERSON and REPRESENTATIVE to the SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY. [SARA WAN relected Chair, DAVE POTTER relected Vice-Chair AND EDWARD ALBERT reappointed to the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy]
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
4. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
5. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
6. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
7. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
8. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT .
a. Coastal Zone Aerial Photography Acquisition. Commission authorization to enter into Interagency Agreement up to $171,000 with California Dept. of Water Resources for acquisition of Spring, 2001 Coastal Zone aerial photography. (GMB-SC) [APPROVED]
b. Conference on Solutions to Coastal Disasters. Discussion and possible action on proposal that Commission become a co-sponsor of the conference "Solutions to Coastal Disasters" to be held in San Diego, California, February 24 - 27, 2002, to conduct a forum for coastal researchers, scientists and managers to exchange information, ideas and strategies for reducing impacts from coastal disasters. Main conference sponsors to date are the Coasts, Oceans, Ports and Rivers Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Association of Coastal Engineers, the Association of State Flood Plain Managers, and the Coastal Zone Foundation. (LCE-SF) [APPROVED]
9. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY REPORT. Report by the Division Supervisor on Negative Determinations issued by the federal consistency staff, and status report on other major non-energy federal consistency matters. (MPD-SF)
10. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA HEADINGS.
a. CD-2-01 (Navy, southern California) Consistency Determination by U.S. Navy for various testing, training, and other activities on Point Mugu Sea Range, offshore of southern California. (MPD-SF) [APPROVED]
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
11. PERMIT AMENDMENT. See AGENDA HEADINGS. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. 4-82-300-A5 (Parks & Recreation, San Luis Obispo Co.) Request by Department of Parks & Recreation to amend conditions concerning appropriate limits on day use at Ocean Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area, to establish day & overnight use limits and a Technical Review Team, at Oceano, San Luis Obispo County. (RB-SC)[APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS, EXTENSIVE MODIFICATIONS]
FIELD TRIP. At the close of the day’s hearing, the Commission will travel by bus for a half-day field trip to the coast. As time allows, the tour will stop at various sites of interest between Morro Bay and Big Sur. (Maps of the field trip and stops will be available at the meeting.) Space is extremely limited and will be filled on a priority basis as follows: Commissioners, members of the media, organizational representatives, general public, and Commission staff. At the conclusion of the field trip in the later afternoon, a brief reception will be held at the Hearst Castle State Park. For more information please call Diana Chapman at (831) 427-4863.