Streaming Video Home Page
January 2009 Agenda
City of OceansideThis has been updated at 1 p.m., Thursday, January 8, 2009.
City Council Chambers
300 North Coast Hwy.
Oceanside, CA 92054
The Coastal Commission’s monthly meeting agenda is now available via the internet.
If you wish to receive electronic notification for Commission meeting agenda, please send your email address to mailto:[email protected]?subject=Meeting Notice Mailing List&body=
For all other communications, including interest regarding a specific project and a notification request concerning such an item, please contact the appropriate district office to request to be on the mailing list.
NOTE: Please make sure that you set your e-mail anti-spam settings specifically to allow receipt of email from the coastal.ca.gov domain.
Click here to Start
FRIDAY, JANUARY 9, 2009
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
3. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
4. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
5. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CC-007-06 (City of Morro Bay and Cayucos Sanitary District, Morro Bay) Consistency Certification by City of Morro Bay and Cayucos Sanitary District for reissuance of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) National Pollutant Discharge and Elimination System (NPDES) Permit for Secondary Treatment Waiver for Wastewater Treatment Plant Discharges, offshore of Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County. (MPD-SF)
Motion and Vote
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
Motion and Vote
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
[An addendum has been appended to the staff report for item 8a below on January 7.]
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-08-48 (Plenty, Mendocino Co.) Appeal by James & Judy Carter Revocable Trust of 1996 from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Don & Jan Plenty for the placement of a 230 ft. property line fence on blufftop lot at 39010 Ocean Drive, Gualala, Mendocino County. (RSM-E)
Motion and Vote
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 1-08-1 (Russ & Wilburn, Humboldt Co.) Application of Lane & Lisa Russ & Mary Anne Wilburn for lot line adjustment and permit to merge and re-subdivide 5 parcels totaling 446.3 acres into 4 parcels, merging all of property lying on west side of Copenhagen Road into a single 417.2-ac. parcel, and reconfiguring 29.1 acres on east side of Copenhagen Road into 3 parcels so that southern residence (currently on APN 308-141-10) is on its own parcel, the barn and northern residence are together on one parcel and one parcel to remain undeveloped, at 2281, 2287 & 2351 Copenhagen Road, Loleta, Humboldt County. (MBK-E)
b. Application No. 1-08-32 (Colbert, Mendocino Co.) Application of Abbie M. Colbert to remediate contaminated soil impacted by former leaching underground gasoline and diesel storage tanks by excavating an area of +/-1,920 sq.ft. to depth of +/-12-ft. (850 cu.yds.), installing sheet piling to stabilize the walls of the excavation, dewatering the excavation, and installing four (2-in. diameter) monitoring wells, at19290 South Harbor Drive, Noyo Harbor area of Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (TST-E)
Report from Closed Session
General Public Comment
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission February 4-6, 2009 in Los Angeles and/or Orange County and March 11-13, 2009 in Monterey.
See future agenda items (these are items submitted to the Coastal Commission and could be scheduled on future meeting agendas).