Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
JUNE 2011 AGENDA
Marina del Rey Hotel
13534 Bali Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
FRIDAY, JUNE 17, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at the beginning of the agenda, if time permits and/or at the end of the day’s agenda.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
4. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CD-063-10 (Bureau of Indian Affairs, Del Norte Co.)
Consistency determination by Bureau of Indian Affairs for fee-to-trust land acquisition of 3 parcels of land totaling 22.6 acres for the Smith River Rancheria, in order to provide trust land for the Rancheria to construct residential and commercial/office/retail projects, Del Norte Co. (LJS-SF)
7. ENFORCEMENT REPORT. Report by Chief of Enforcement on Statewide Enforcement Program. (LAH-SF)
[ Items 7.1 and 7.3 share a single, combined staff report.]
[Appendix A (the "Orders") can be viewed by clicking here, and the Exhibits can be viewed by clicking here.]
7.1. Commission Cease & Desist Order No. CCC-11-CD-04 (Campbell – Torrance, Los Angeles County)
Public hearing and Commission action on proposed Cease and Desist Order authorizing and ordering Michelle Campbell and William Campbell to: (1) cease and desist from maintaining existing and/or engaging in any further unpermitted development, including, but not limited to: (a) removal of major vegetation, (b) landform alteration, (c) construction of concrete patios, (d) construction of shade structures, (e) construction of retaining walls, and (f) the planting of non-native vegetation, all occurring on a coastal bluff that provides habitat for the federally listed as endangered El Segundo Blue Butterfly; and (2) undertake measures necessary to comply with the Coastal Act, including removal of the unpermitted development, among other things, on property located at 433 Paseo de la Playa, in the City of Torrance, and identified by the Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office as Assessor Parcel Number 7512-003-021. (AJW-LB/EAD-SF)
7.3. Commission Restoration Order No. CCC-11-RO-03 (Campbell – Torrance, Los Angeles County)
Public hearing and Commission action on proposed Restoration Order authorizing and ordering Michelle Campbell and William Campbell to: (1) remove unpermitted development, including, but not limited to: concrete patios, shade structures, and retaining walls, and other materials placed on Torrance coastal bluff; and (2) undertake restoration of said bluff (including restoration of environmentally sensitive habitat for the federally listed as endangered El Segundo Blue Butterfly), on property located at 433 Paseo de la Playa, in the City of Torrance, and identified by the Los Angeles County Assessor’s Office as Assessor Parcel Number 7512-003-021. (AJW-LB/EAD-SF)
Motion and Vote
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
8. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
10. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. County of Del Norte LCP Amendment No. DNC-MAJ-1-10 (Extension of Urban Services). Public hearing and action on request by County of Del Norte to amend the General Public Works Policy No. 1 of the Land Use Plan to include a fifth exception of the prohibition on utility extensions beyond the mapped urban services boundaries such that such services could be provided to the Elk Valley Rancheria's resort-casino project at the intersection of Humboldt & Sand Mine Roads, 1.5 miles southeast of Crescent City. (JB-E)
Motion and Vote
Motion and Vote
a. Appeal No. A-1-HUM-11-020 (Freshwater Tissue Co., LLC, Humboldt Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Wan & Sanchez from decision of Humboldt County granting permit with conditions to Freshwater Tissue Company, LLC for lot line adjustment between 5 APNs (APNs 401-031-43, -62, 401-111-07, 401-112-14 & -15) totaling approximately 140 acres, one of which (85 acres) is developed with old pulp mill located along Vance Ave, in Samoa area of Humboldt County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
[Item 11b below has been rescheduled to Thursday, June 16 as item 20a.]
b. Appeal No. A-1-DNC-11-19 (California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), Del Norte Co.) Appeal by Friends of Del Norte from decision of County of Del Norte granting permit with conditions to Caltrans for geotechnical drilling, at the Dr. Fine Bridge, crossing of Highway 101 over Smith River, Smith River, Del Norte County. (MF-E)
12. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Appeal No. A-1-MEN-09-52 (Blue Port, L.L.C., Mendocino Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Wan & Kruer from decision of County of Mendocino granting permit with conditions to Blue Port, L.L.C. to construct 5,183 sq.ft. single-family home with attached 675 sq.ft. garage, and 1,536 sq.ft upper and lower attached decks (for a total structural size of 7,394 sq. feet) and average height of 18 feet above natural grade, including: (a) 2,400 sq.ft. barn, (b) 600 sq.ft. guest house with attached deck and 192 sq.ft. cabana, (c) 192 sq.ft. hobby workshop, (d) 216 sq.ft. garden storage shed, (e) 160 sq.ft. cabana with attached deck, (f) replacement of existing shed, (g) installation of septic system, driveway, water storage tank, well, and roof mounted solar and (h) temporary use of guest cottage during construction, at 12350 South Highway One, Elk, Mendocino County. (MBK-E) [POSTPONED]
13. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are July 13-15 in Santa Rosa and August 10-12 in Central Coast.