Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
SEPTEMBER 2011 AGENDA
ELK VALLEY RANCHERIA
2332 HOWLAND HILL ROAD
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 8:00 am for items not on the agenda, for no more than 30 minutes. For those unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to the lunch break.
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
5.5. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-2-SON-10-023 (Kelham & Kelham Investments LLC, Sonoma Co.)
Appeal by Commissioners Wan and Blank, and Bodega Bay Concerned Citizens, et al., from decision of County of Sonoma granting permit to William Kelham & Kelham Investments LLC for construction of new 2,514 sq.ft. single-family home,1,216 sq.ft. garage, driveway, and 840 sq.ft. second dwelling unit on vacant 9.96 acre parcel, at 1835 Bay Flat Rd., Bodega Bay, Sonoma County. (RP-SF)
6. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 2-11-011 (Caltrans, Marin)
Application of Caltrans to install 115-feet of new rock slope protection, along Highway 1 between post miles 37.09 and 37.10, adjacent to the Tomales Bay, near Marshall, Marin County. (RF-SF)
Motion and Vote
NORTH COAST DISTRICT
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Eureka office at (707) 445-7833.
Motion and Vote
9. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs) See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
Motion and Vote
10. PERMIT AMENDMENTS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. An Amendment below may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed like other Consent Calendar items (See above) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of 3 or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner material amendments are processed.
a. Permit No. A-1-FTB-05-53-A9 (Georgia-Pacific Corporation, Fort Bragg) Request by Georgia-Pacific Corporation to modify permit granted for removal of former mill buildings foundations, interim remediation of contaminated soil and construction of consolidation cell for containing dioxin-impacted soil, to authorize removal of consolidation cell by (1) removal of 13,850 cu.yds. of contaminated soils, waste, and debris for off-site disposal at licensed landfills and (2) backfilling the excavated area with clean fill materials at 90 West Redwood Avenue(former Georgia-Pacific California Wood Products Manufacturing Facility), Fort Bragg, Mendocino County. (RSM-E)
General Public Comment
COMMISSION FIELD TRIP
COMMISSION FIELD TRIP. The Commission will take a field trip at the conclusion of the meeting on Thursday, September 8, 2011 to view areas of the coastal zone between Crescent City and the northern end of Del Norte County. Stops will be made at (1) the Crescent City Marsh along U.S. Highway 101 at the southern end of Crescent City; (2) the Crescent City Inner Harbor off of Citizen’s Dock Road Way, where harbor dredging and repairs are proposed to reopen the harbor to commercial fishing vessels after damage from the March, 2011 tsunami; (3) McNamara Field off of Dale Rupert Road where runway safety areas are proposed to be added to the ends of the commercial airport runways; (4) Lake Earl and the Pacific Shores Subdivision off of Lower Lake Drive, and Kellogg Avenue; and (5) the mouth of the Smith River off of Mouth of Smith River Road. Members of the public may follow in their private vehicles. The final itinerary may change. The Commission will reconvene at 8:00 AM Friday September 9, 2011. For more information, please call the Commission’s North Coast District office in Eureka at (707) 445-7833.
RECEPTION. At the conclusion of the Commission field trip on Thursday September 8, or at 6:00 p.m., whichever is later, the Commission will attend a reception hosted by the Elk Valley Rancheria at the Rancheria. Members of the public are welcome to join the Commission; however, because space is limited, attendance will be allowed on a first come/first served basis. There will be a cost for the reception. If you wish to attend or want more information, please call the Commission’s North Coast District office in Eureka at (707) 445-7833.