Streaming Video Home Page
Click Here to Start
OCTOBER 2011 AGENDA
HUNTINGTON BEACH CITY HALL
2000 MAIN STREET
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92648
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. At some time prior to adjournment for the day, public comment will be heard for items not listed on today’s agenda.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES AND FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
4. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
5. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CC-006-11 (North County Transit District, San Diego Co.) Consistency certification by North County Transit District for placement of rock riprap along the eastern side of the southern abutment of San Dieguito River railroad bridge 243.0, Del Mar, San Diego County. (LJS-SF)
b. CD-038-11 (National Marine Fisheries Service, Del Norte Co.) Consistency determination by National Marine Fisheries Service for federal funding of a fish processing plant for the Yurok Tribe, Yurok Reservation, north side of the Klamath River mouth, Requa, Del Norte County. (MPD-SF)
CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
6. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
a. Monterey County LCP Amendment MCO-MAJ-1-10 (Stevens Re-designation). Certification Review. Concurrence with the Executive Director’s determination that the action by Monterey County, accepting certification of MCO-MAJ-1-10 with modifications (limiting the re-designation and rezoning of the residential portion of the site to the existing developed area and applying the B-6 overlay over the entire property), is legally adequate. (MW-SC)
6.5. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. City of Pismo Beach LCP Amendment No. PSB-1-10 Part 1 (Open Space Landscaping). Time Extension. Public hearing and action on request by City of Pismo Beach to extend time to acknowledge and accept the modifications suggested by the Coastal Commission on LCP Amendment 1-10 Part 1 (Open Space Landscaping). (MC-SC)
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
7. DEPUTY DIRECTOR'S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
9. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 2-08-020 (AIMCO, Esplanade Avenue Apartments LLC, Pacifica) Application of AIMCO, Esplanade Avenue Apartments LLC, for follow-up authorization of work performed under emergency permits, including construction of (1) 475 ft.-long rock riprap shoreline revetment, and (2) 3,240 sq.ft., 50 ft.-high soil nail wall along 70 ft.-long section of upper bluff, at 360 & 380 Esplanade Avenue, Pacifica, San Mateo County. (ND-SF)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are November 2-4, in Oceanside and December 7-9, in San Francisco.